28 ✞ the koi fish

It's been a few days since Jungkook had exited Taehyung's room with that comment, leaving Taehyung feeling challenged.

After that day, Taehyung barely saw Jungkook. It was as if he had actually left. Yet he didn't.

He knew Jungkook was testing him. Like pushing a hundred of broken buttons until he got a reaction out of one.

For the past few days, Taehyung had received reports of several people throughout the whole castle, such as some maids and others, about Jungkook being yet again found roaming around the hall near the forbidden room (where the mirror was).

Taehyung had told Jungkook to stay away from that area twice, he knew he was doing it on purpose now. To get a reaction out of him.

All along Taehyung didn't say nor do anything about it. But today that was about to end. He was growing tired of Jungkook doing as he pleased in his castle.

Who does he think he is?

..

Jungkook was currently hanging around the halls where his room was located, as he didn't have much to do. Boredom was something he dealt with daily. Jimin was only around like twice a week, as he spends most of his time either sneaking around between the angel's empire , or here with Yoongi. Therefore he'd only see him from time to time.

Suddenly, Jungkook remembered about the beautiful indoor garden in the castle. The past times he'd been there he didn't have enough time to completely explore the place. Given the circumstances that both times he was accompanied by someone.

Now that he had nothing to do, and nobody was around, he thought this was the perfect opportunity to sneak into the garden and explore it further.

Jungkook smiled to himself softly and looked at every direction surrounding him, making sure nobody was around. Once he knew he was safe of the risk of being seen, Jungkook quickly walked all the way down the hallway, where he remembered the garden was located.

After a few steps he stood in front of the familiar wide door, this was it. He gently pulled the doorknob pushing the door open.

To his view, there stood the mesmerizing garden he had already seen. Although it wasn't the first time he'd seen this place, it never failed to take his breath away. It was truly beautiful. Flowers and plants everywhere, from ground to ceiling, lots of greens. The atmosphere in that place was peaceful. It almost felt angelic. That was something Jungkook couldn't quite understand. How could this beautiful place feel so sacred, while it was located in hell? That didn't fully make sense. Something about it made it special. But what was it?

Unlike last time, Jungkook noticed a crow was standing by the fountain in the garden. He had seen no crow last time, where had it come from?

It probably belonged to someone in the castle, or perhaps it had just accidentally came in from outside.

Shrugging it off, Jungkook walked towards the mentioned fountain. As he approached it, the crow continued to stare at him intensely, not moving from its place. Jungkook felt a little weirded out but once again, shrugged it off.

He kneeled down onto the fountain and stared at it. He had almost forgotten how beautiful it was. The water wasn't completely clear, instead it was crystalline blue. How had he not noticed its true color last time? In those crystalline waters, swam a few koi fish, just like last time. Jungkook smiled and observed the creatures. There were four in total. Two were orange, one was red and the last one was black. They seemed to swim happily in the crystalline waters.

As Jungkook continued to observe the fish, he noticed something strange. There was a black rim around the black koi fish. Like a black substance, only that it wasn't.