24 ✞ strangers

Taehyung was currently down in the living room waiting for his breakfast to be served. It was the next morning and he had woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Dammit! I said I wanted a glass of whiskey not grape juice!" Taehyung pushed the glass of juice harshly enough for it to fall on the ground and shatter, causing the maid to flinch, "S-sir are you sure you want to drink whiskey so early in the mor-"

"Are you talking back at me?" said Taehyung with a serious scary expression. The maid quickly shook her head and kneed down onto the floor grabbing the small pieces of glass scattered around, "N-No sir. Your whiskey will be immediately out" she said with her head hanging long.

"It better be." responded Taehyung rudely as he leaned back on the chair.

As soon as the maid had picked up all the glass pieces, she pulled out some paper towels from her uniform pocket and started cleaning up the spilled liquid. Finishing, she stood up and went back to the kitchen immediately to get Taehyung's drink. Taehyung just watched her and rolled his eyes, "How pathetic." he muttered under his breath.

A few seconds later the same maid came back with the glass of whiskey. She placed it down on the table and bowed down, "Enjoy your meal sir" she said and quickly left.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and took a long sip of his whiskey, and began to eat.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" a voice said. Yoongi pulled out a chair and sat next to Taehyung. Taehyung just glared at him without answering.

"Have you seen Jungkook?" asked Yoongi as he stole a grape from a basket placed on the table. Taehyung looked at him with an annoyed frown, "No. I told him I better not see him here by today. I set him free. I don't know why he keeps insisting on staying. He has nothing to look for here." said Taehyung.

Yoongi nodded, "true. But don't be so harsh on him. If he wants to stay, let him stay? He told me he wants to be friends with you."

Taehyung chuckled, "Friends with me? I don't make friends."

"Am I a joke to you?" dramatically asked Yoongi offended.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and chuckled, Yoongi as well. "With you is enough. I don't need more 'friends'" said Taehyung and took another sip of his whiskey.

Yoongi sighed, "Why?" he asked although he already knew somewhat the answer.

Taehyung remained silent for a moment just starring at the tinted liquid inside the cup, as he chewed on his lip.

"Friends don't exist. And I'm not including you, by the way. You're like a brother to me." started Taehyung.

"People always look for someone who understands them. Someone they want to spend time with. Everyone tries to look for someone they can benefit from. Someone who won't leave them alone. People fear being alone. But the sad reality is, we are all alone. Friends are just strangers. We're all just strangers to each other." Taehyung explained his point of view.

Yoongi stood there for a moment thinking about his way of seeing 'friends'. I mean, he was kind of right, "But we are friends" smirked Yoongi teasingly, "Or am I just a 'stranger' to you?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow. Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Fine I guess we're friends. But see, you're my only friend. There can only be one person who will stick by your side forever. Either one person, or nobody. No in between." said Taehyung confidently.

Yoongi sighed, "Anyways, he's really a sweet boy, you should give him a chance" said Yoongi referring to Jungkook. "The boy looks really invested in getting to 'know' you."

Taehyung chuckled, "Yeah sure. He's an angel. You know my past relationships with angels. They're the cause my mother and Y/n are dead. He probably wants something from us."

Oh how wrong was Taehyung.

Yoongi furrowed his brows slightly, "No, I don't think so. I've talked to Jungkook. There's no evil detected on him. Just by looking at his eyes you can tell that evilness does not cross his mind. He's pure."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Oh please, don't be fooled."

Yoongi sighed and stood up from the table, "whatever, just let the boy stay if he wants. I assure you he won't cause any harm here, or to you. And if he does, I guess I'll take the responsibility for convincing you?" Yoongi shrugged and walked away leaving Tae alone thinking.

•••

Jungkook was currently making his way to Taehyung's castle. On his way he was deeply thinking if he made the right decision on coming back.

I mean, he kind of had no other option anyway. He escaped from his own castle. Disobeyed Namjoon. Wouldn't recommend going back after that.

Jungkook sighed deeply. How will Taehyung react when he sees him again?

Jungkook was ready to expect the worse. But no matter what, he still had his goal on getting close to Taehyung.

He himself didn't understand why he was so intrigued on Taehyung. He just was. There was something about him that called his attention. What was it? No idea. Maybe his handsomeness? Maybe his personality? Maybe the fact that he was a demon; aka different from him? No idea.

But he wanted to find out. He was going to find out.

Even if it put his own life in danger, he was going to find out.

————————————————————————
short chapter, ikik sorry about that, but there was just not much to write in this chap, it's kind of a filler to let u know what's going on Tae's and Jungkook's head <3

is it normal for writers to not like their own stories? lmao💀

happy new year btw !