36 ✞ confessions pt.2

After their unexpected love confessions- was it a love confession? That wasn't yet confirmed, but it was clearly something. For sure.

After their unexpected confessions, they were both in a more cheerful mood. They were currently still roaming around the woods. Conversing with each other about many different things, laughing and joking.

Jungkook didn't want to ruin the mood, but something in him needed to ask, "Hey Taehyung," he said.

Taehyung hummed and looked at him inviting him to speak.

"R-Remember the mirror in the forbidden room I went in once? What was that?" he asked unsurely. Regret filled him as soon as he saw Taehyung's relaxed face turn into a frown.

"Wait no, I'm sorry. I- I just ruined everything I'm sorry-" Jungkook quickly apologized and looked away, but Taehyung spoke.

"No it's alright," he found himself saying. The topic did change his mood for a minute, but he decided it was alright to speak about. He wanted to progress with Jungkook. He didn't want to keep things away from him.

"That thing you saw in the mirror Jungkook, is my father." he said and Jungkook fell silent. He was confused, how was his father in a mirror? It didn't make sense to him, but he decided not to ask and just let Taehyung explain himself.

"After the angel x demon battle, he was cursed into that mirror by Jung Hoseok, under Kim Namjoon's order." said Taehyung.

"Hoseok? Jung Hoseok?" said Jungkook. Jung Hoseok was the one who cursed Taehyung's father?

Taehyung nodded. "That's how I became king, because he wasn't really here anymore, so I was the next heir to the throne. He's been trapped in that mirror ever since. The only way to free from the curse is to curse the another opposite of you. In this case, an angel. You have to curse an angel into the mirror in order to un-trap the demon in it, or vice versa."

"And how does one get the other to get into the mirror?" asked Jungkook.

"The demon lures the angel in unconsciously, as there is no undoing of the curse. It can only be passed, there is no way to undo it, so far. What would happen is, the demon inside will lure you and make you curse yourself into it, through manipulating your subconscious. Unless the angel willingly wishes to be cursed and does it themselves, which is rarely the case."

"So basically posses you?" asked Jungkook.

"Well, if that's how you want to call it, then yes. The demon takes over your mind and body to make you do what it wants. But there are angels that are able to resist this, as well as there are weak ones, who are vulnerable and can't resist it'." Taehyung looked at him more seriously. "But my father is extremely powerful Jungkook. He can easily manipulate anyone."

"That is why I didn't want you to go near there Jungkook. You're an angel, and you are Kim Namjoon's, the one who defeated my father. My father will not hesitate to use you as revenge and free himself." said Taehyung.

Now it made sense to Jungkook. Taehyung was trying to protect him.

"Oh," Jungkook nodded.

The thought that he could have been lured in by Taehyung's father that first time he had entered that 'keep-out' room and had that creepy experience. What if he probably actually tried to lure him in and Jungkook hadn't noticed since he had no idea? Just thinking about it unsettled him.

"Jungkook, promise me you won't go near there again, please?" Taehyung took his hand gently and looked at him in the eye.

"Don't worry, it won't happen." responded Jungkook.

"At least until I figure out something... that will guarantee your safety from him" whispered Taehyung to himself, but Jungkook heard him and smiled.

"Is there a way to get rid of him forever?" asked Jungkook.

Taehyung wasn't sure of the answer himself. "I don't know. There must be a way to get rid of him, either by keeping him in there forever, or actually releasing him from the curse and killing him physically." said Taehyung. But the thought of killing his own father didn't sit right with him. As much as he hated him, he couldn't kill him.

"What if you break the mirror? Smash it? Would he come out or stay in?" asked Jungkook.

Taehyung thought about it. If the mirror was broken- smashed- cracked, however you want to call it, his father would probably stay in for sure, since he's already locked in. He would probably never be able to get out.

He would probably stay there cursed forever, until he rots.

Basically die.

"If the mirror were to be broken he would stay trapped there forever. The curse can't be undone unless an angel specifically curses himself in. That's it, nothing more. He would stay there for sure. Which is for the best." said Taehyung coldly.

Jungkook nodded, "Makes sense."

They both stood there in silence for a few seconds until Taehyung spoke, changing topics. "Do you wanna head back? You look tired." he asked looking at Jungkook, who indeed yawned.

Jungkook giggled, "Yeah, I'm also hungry."

Taehyung laughed, "Let's go then, the maids will feed you."

They smiled and began walking their way back to the castle.

•••

A few minutes later they had now arrived back at the castle. They stood at the entrance and Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

"Thank you for today, and yesterday. It was nice." he blushed and smiled. He was glad that they have been spending time together lately. The more time they spent, the more they got to know each other, the more they liked each other.

Taehyung smiled back at him, "Of course,"

Jungkook smiled and reached towards him, giving him a kiss on the cheek cutely. Taehyung hid his blush and watched Jungkook walk away towards the kitchen.

He was catching feelings for Jungkook, and he knew it. He didn't want to show it much, but it was impossible not to. He was starting to fall hard for Jeon Jungkook.

_____
excuse any gramatical errors <3