Chapter Three: Mama Sorceress: Part Two

My mother gave me a slightly exasperated look, "Must you always assume that I come to see you because I want something, Red?" At the words I felt an urge to bark out a laugh, that was really rich when she was standing in my bar in the middle of the day.

"Yes, because it's true." My mother could ask me out for lunch, take me to dinner, request that I come home for a visit without having me ask that question. All that was okay, but the only time she came to my bar was because she wanted me to do something and she couldn't tell me over the phone or a portal or it was a big enough favour that she wanted to do it in person and didn't want anything to distract us.

"I can't just come and talk to my daughter?" She quirked up an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes hard at her.

"You can invite me over, take me to dinner, throw me a phone or portal call, but when you step foot into the bar, you're always here to ask me for something." I crossed my arms over my chest, setting my jaw slightly. I wanted her to stop playing coy and actually let me know what she wanted so I could get it done sooner rather than later.

"She's right, mama. The probability is in Lilli's favour to a 99% probability you will ask her for something when you come here. The only exception being when father died and you showed up to tell her." Tia's voice was quiet from her spot on the floor where she was absorbed in trying to get the stool leg to sit just right where it was supposed to. "You should get metal stools, Lilli. They don't crack and break like these ones." She muttered it out and I felt a ghost of a smile cross my mouth at that.

"I will think about it heavily." Half the reason I had wooden ones was bar fights broke out and the wooden ones broke before a supe would die by being beat with one. The metal ones did not.

"I guess I am becoming too predictable in my old age." My mother let out a little sigh, her mouth quirking up, letting me know that she knew exactly what she was doing and had been more than amused at getting called out on it. "I should change that then." The words made me visibly grimace.

"Please stay predictable." I stressed the word. I doubted I would have been able to handle my mother when she wasn't this predictable.

"Predictable is orderly and orderly is good." Tia said it quickly and I turned and pointed at her.

"Correct! Absolutely correct!" I could agree with Tia on that. I didn't want our mother to change her habits now, especially now that I had caught onto them. I could only imagine how little peace I would get if she decided to come to the bar during hours or early in the day and without warning. I really didn't want to have that happen.

Her mouth quirked up in the corner and it turned into a full blown smirk as she looked between the two of us. "Fine. I will concede that point." She nodded her head and then adjusted the hem of her robes. I glanced down at them and my eyebrows rose slightly. I hadn't noticed them before but they were a deep purple and the front plunged into a deep neckline. That was a tad... risqué for her but then again she could be wanting to get back out into the dating game since father had died, or rather was killed deliberately. Not that I particularly minded, the fucker deserved it.

"So... what did you want?" I crossed my arms over my chest again and she gestured to the bar.

"We should sit down." At the word I felt myself want to pale. Those were never good words.

"Is everyone okay? Like is Bam and her dog toy okay? Her baby?" I couldn't help how my voice pitched upwards slightly in slight panic. I might have been more rebellious and didn't mesh well with a lot of the family, they were still my family and I loved them.