Chapter Seven

Niall POV

The voices were the loudest they had been in days, maybe even weeks.

I was completely enraged and had been for the past thirteen hours.

My club had been shot up and I couldn't shake the feeling Valeria had something to do with it.

Before her arrival not one of my businesses had ever been shot up, and I was a man who always had a gun pointed to my back.

Let's not forget she showed up around the very time I found out about Marcel.

It's not even the fact that she's American that makes me not trust a single word that comes out of her pretty little mouth. I'm aware America is a big place. But she came from the exact same town Rowan resides in.

After I convinced her to tell me the name of her so-called Abusive ex I did my research.

Aiden Manning was a twenty three year old rich kid who had inherited his fathers business, although he used a completely different business, the one I signed a contract with as a fucking cover up.

The real one having direct connection to Rowan Camden and the American Mafia.

I felt like such a fucking idiot.

I had another rat, there was no explanation for Liam not to know, he had been around them and her far too long.

He grew up with them during his time in America.

That had to be the reason he was protecting her.

Or that he was stupidly in love with the American whore.

Pathetic.

That brings me to another part of my research, Valeria Moreno doesn't bloody exist, there's no trace of her anywhere.

At least not any real trace, Liam did a horrible job at creating her fake identity, Harry having uncovered it within minutes.

Although we couldn't find who she really was. Valeria was simply a ghost.

One that could be used to my advantage though.

It was obvious she was in some way connected, her son looked exactly like Aiden, with the smallest of her features mixed in.

I was so confused my brain was barely able to focus over the voices in my head.

She was either a spy or she was a victim that had managed to escape, and sadly for her she was the perfect way to get to Aiden either way, and which in truth led me straight to Rowan himself.

If she was a spy, I had to admit she was a damn good actress.

Her stuttering and skittish behavior were very convincing, some of the time I actually came extremely close to believing her story, especially last night when I saw all the scars that littered her body.

But then again, just because you have scars doesn't mean you're the victim of abuse, I would know, Katia would know.... My body was covered in them, more so than Valeria's.

Perhaps that was another reason I don't believe Valeria's story, Katia had close to the same story only it turned out to be nothing more than a lie.

Valeria reminded me so much of her, not appearance wise but everything else was almost exactly the same, the way they hid from the world. We're skittish and afraid, yet had a fire hidden deep in their eyes. They were both so good at playing a victim.

Except Valeria understood the voices, she knew of them without us even having to make ourselves obvious.

Although, it's common knowledge in the mafia world that I'm a psychopath who shares his mind with murderous voices, the same as my father.