Chapter Thirty-Three

Valeria POV

TW : Mention of blood, torture and light gore.
Aesthetic for Chapter 33

~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like I was being overwhelmed with so many emotions I could barely think straight.

I practically had to jog to keep up with Braedon's long strides as we walked through the hallways of the warehouse-office building we had just had the meeting in.

I was so fucking angry and hurt. I could practically hear my blood boiling in my veins and my heart thumping in my throat.

The fact that I hadn't gone into shock yet was a miracle.

My brother was alive, if what Braedon was saying was true I mean.

Deep down I think I knew she was.

But that meant I had been lied to. Again. For over a decade.

It meant everything I knew was a lie.

Everything would be different if I had known my brother was alive.

If he knew I was too.

We would have protected each other, the way we always had.

I wouldn't have experienced anything that I did with Aiden, Eli never would have let him put his hands on me. Eli- fuck. Elius' uncle was alive. The brother I named my baby after was alive. He had seen him that night at Niall's.

Elius probably wouldn't even be here today if I had known my brother was alive, if we were able to stay together.

My god, Angel had looked so familiar the night he tried to take Scarlett. The color of his eyes had reminded me so much of my Mama's.

Elius has the same eyes as them, that same blue that comes from the hottest of fire with little flecks of gold like the brightest stars in the sky.

I was trying so hard not to cry, but I felt like I was grieving all over again.

It didn't help that I could feel Niall's eyes on me, burning a hole into the back of my head.

His words had hurt so much. Because I knew they were true, as much as I hated to admit it.

I wouldn't be walking into a room where my brother would take one look at me and know exactly who I was.