Chapter Twenty-Six

Niall POV

Part one of the double update.

TW: mention of child murder.
~~~~~~~~~~

It was still so silent.

That was the first thing I realized when I woke up, it's what had actually woken me up, I was so used to the voices, even in my sleep they spoke.

There wasn't a single voice inside my head. Not an ounce of comfort to be found.

I still hadn't opened my eyes, I knew that once I did, I'd have to leave this bed. I was just so fucking exhausted.

But, god it was hot.

I wasn't used to my bed being this hot, or any bed for that matter.

It was like I was literally cuddled against a heater.

Cuddled...

Fuck. I wasn't cuddled against a heater, I was cuddled around Bunny.

I had been such a wreck earlier I hadn't even thought twice before yanking her into bed with me.

I hated to admit it but I was scared to be alone, scared of what I would do if I was.

I had nearly lost it when Bunny suggested she leave the room, even if it was only so I could get some sleep.

I was so exhausted I barely realized what I was doing when I all but pinned her to the bed. I was so used to hugging a pillow in my sleep it was a natural reaction to wrap my arms around her once I got her into the bed.

I could remember her trying to push herself out of the bed, her small hands pushing against my naked chest.

Naked chest. Naked... Oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I didn't have any clothes on.

Bunny had mentioned that. Scarlett wasn't around and I was so fucking exhausted I hadn't even bothered to put those fucking sweatpants on.

I doubt I would have even been able to, Bunny had to practically drag me to bed this morning, the exhaustion had hit me so fast, there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Letting out a soft groan, I began opening my eyes, instantly having to shut them again due to the bright sun seeping through the windows.

Black out curtains. I'm getting the girl blackout curtains. Who the fuck in their right mind wants to see the sun the minute they open their eyes?

Taking a deep breath, my chest pressing against Bunny's back in the process, I begin opening my eyes once more, having to blink multiple times in order to become adjusted to the bright sun.

With how fucking bright the sun was I couldn't have slept more than a few short hours.

My eyes drifting down, I didn't stop myself from taking in the sleeping woman my arms that were still wrapped tightly around.

Small snores came from her pink lips, messy slightly damp hair swept over her closed eyes. Her lips parted lightly.

Everytime I had seen Bunny sleep, she was always curled into a tight ball, even in her sleep her body remained tense, her brows furrowed in worry.

Although, right now, she actually seemed to look relaxed, something I had never seen her look before.

Not a single part of her body looked tense, the facial features I could see due to her hair blocking some of the view, were soft, peaceful almost.