Chapter Twelve

Valeria POV

I missed Elius.

It had been nearly five days since I was taken, nearly assaulted, beaten and stabbed, all I wanted was my son. And I wasn't allowed to see him.

Amara had brought him to a private hospital I was being treated at, one I later learned was only used for people in or related to people in the mafia.

During the time that she brought him I was placed in a medically induced coma for nearly twenty four hours. She at the time wasn't even aware I was, Niall having told her nothing but I was at the hospital and I would survive, with one less kidney of course.

So, when bringing my four year old son into the hospital she was unaware of what she was bringing him into see. The sight of me, unconscious is a bed badly beaten scaring him so bad he literally ran away crying, refusing to see me.

I could understand where he was coming from, he had seen me in bad shape before, but his father never left me as badly beaten as the man I was later told by Niall was named Angel Herrera and his friends had left me.

According to the doctor I was lucky to have even survived, from my extensive injuries to nearly overdosing from the insane amount of heroin Angel had injected me with right before stabbing me, it was obvious his intent was to kill, and it was a miracle I was even still breathing.

I'm pretty sure the doctor had also made it obvious, without meaning to that I wasn't lying or playing some stupid victim act. After I had woken from the medically induced coma the doctor had spent over an hour in the room I was staying in asking me questions in regards to the fact that my body showed years worth of physical abuse, multiple broken bones that never healed properly were found during X-Ray scans they performed.

As well as, internal bruising that hadn't fully healed from the days leading up to my escape just over a month ago.

I hated to say it because it seems rude but the look on Niall's face was priceless, as if he were only know realizing how stupid and paranoid he had looked since the day we met.

Seeing even a glimpse into his life though I didn't want to judge, I didn't know his story, I didn't know what made him become as paranoid as he is today, and I was sure he wasn't always this way.

I couldn't explain it but it's like I knew there was another side to him, or atleast there used to be. One that wasn't so paranoid and cruel, I had seen how different he was towards his daughter than he was to everyone else around him but there was more, people wouldn't care about him the way they do if he was always as cruel and evil as he is today.

I didn't know his story and he barely even knew a fraction of mine. We each had secrets, things neither of us were okay with talking about.

I was still as confused as I was prior to my kidnapping, and it didn't help that I could barely think straight with the voices being as loud as they were. God, from the moment he stepped into the room after I woke up they started, I couldn't explain how or why but my voices were drawn to him and his own voices in a way I didn't even know was possible.

Fuck, from the minute I saw him they started, their voices completely overwhelming me, voices that had been silent from the time I was kidnapped to the time I woke up in that hospital, yet the minute I saw him walk through the threshold of the door they wouldn't and still hadn't shut up.

I wasn't going to say they felt safe around him, that his own voices made mine feel safe because I couldn't remember the last time I actually felt safe, but it's like they knew his understood them.

Even when my voices started, years ago they never acted or were as loud as they were when Niall walked into the hospital room, from the first time he triggered the voices when threatening Elius till now, no one, not even myself had made the voices act the way his presence alone did.