Chapter Thirty

Valeria POV

It had been two days since I kissed Niall and I hadn't seen him since before going to take that shower while Harry was downstairs with him.

When I had gotten out of the shower, the guest house was completely empty, no sign of either one of them.

Though it was apparent that they left in a hurry, the front door being left wide open kind of gave that away.

I didn't bother to call Niall that night, I kind of figured if he wanted to see me or wanted me to know what was going on he would have shown up and told me. He had done it plenty of times before.

I also still didn't have his number and I felt a little odd asking Amara when she went with me to pick up Eli the next day for her brother's phone number.

Even if our kids were practically attached at the hip, I didn't want her to start asking questions I wasn't ready to answer, nor would I even have had an answer to give her.

God, speaking of Eli, he was a mess when I picked him up. Scarlett had apparently left the night before when Niall picked her up and as much as Elius enjoyed being around Karen it wasn't the same without his 'Sowlit' there.

It was clear he had barely slept the previous night and I was so glad he wasn't going to daycare later that day because it would have been a nightmare to say the least.

Even if Scarlett and all of Eli's friends were at the daycare, he would have been far too much of a tired mess to be able to be in such a social environment.

I was so relieved when Elius finally crashed after throwing the biggest tantrum known to man.

As much as I missed him while he was gone, I wasn't exactly mentally prepared for him throwing a fit over every goddamn thing that didn't go his way.

And by every goddamn thing I mean, every goddamn thing.

I tried not to think too much about Niall while Elius was asleep, it would only cause me to worry more and I feel like that's all I've been doing lately... And thinking about the kiss, I had been doing that a lot since it happened too.

I couldn't get the feeling of Niall's lips off mine, how soft and warm they were.

I still didn't regret kissing him. If I was being honest, I wanted to do it again. However, Niall and I needed to talk before I even dare to try to kiss him again, before I let him kiss me.

I couldn't let myself get swept up in the intoxicating feeling that came when I kissed him. The safety my voices felt when they were in the presence of his own.

I didn't want to think that just because we kissed anything real was going to come from it.

I didn't want anything to. I just got out of an extremely abusive relationship and I don't need to throw myself into another.

I don't even know if that's what Niall would want.

Niall hasn't been with anyone since Scarlett's mother and just because he kissed me back the way he did didn't mean he wanted anything more to come from it.

Fuck, I didn't need to worry myself over the kiss right now.

Niall and I would talk about it. Eventually.