Chapter Seventeen

Valeria POV

AN: MAKE SURE YOU READ CHAPTER SIXTEEN BEFORE THIS ONE! I know I usually update every four days but I couldn't stop writing and didn't want to make ya'll wait super long, anyways I never mention this but I do have an Instagram account for Escape so if you want sneak peaks for the new and upcoming chapters of Escape follow me @ escape_n.h
TW: mention of past abuse and rape as well as self harm.
I'm sorry, I love each and every one of you.

~~~~~~~~~~

I could move, couldn't breathe.

I was fucking terrified.

I was used to being scared, I'd spent most of my life being scared, but this was different from the fear I had spent most of my life living in.

Niall had kissed me, and I almost kissed him back.

He had fucking kissed me, and I didn't know what the fuck to do or how to react.

I hadn't even thought about it or the reaction it would cause when I cleaned the curry off his lips.

My motherly instincts had kicked in and I didn't even think about it when I lifted my hand to his lips.

I was simply doing what I do with my son when he has food on his face.

I hadn't expected the reaction it got from Niall, I hadn't intended for it to be anything other than me pulling a mom move.

I was finally comfortable around him, he was my son's best friend's father and he had been around me so much the last few weeks I was just used to being around him.

He had actually been kind these last few weeks and after everything it was so refreshing, after everything he himself had done, even the little kindness he had shown since I protected his daughter was refreshing. I was just glad he wasn't being cruel and finally seemed to trust me.

I wasn't his ex, I didn't have some plan to ruin his life, I was literally trying to save myself and my son's life and that was it.

The easier things were with Niall, the easier it was to just focus on trying to start over, after five years I had finally escaped Aiden, that's all I wanted, I had just wanted to get my son out and somewhere safe. And then I came here and my life still hadn't become easier, on top of being terrified he was going to find me. I had to deal with some psychopath that was convinced I was out to get him.

And then the thing happened with Angel, and he actually started acting like a decent person, even Eli had become used to seeing him because Eli was always around Scarlett, and he was Scarlett's father.

I hadn't meant to make Niall think I felt a certain way about him, despite how much my voices seemed to like him, despite how physically attracted I was to him, I wasn't blind, Niall was an attractive person. That's all it was, pure attraction.

I had literally just escaped a man that spent the last five years beating me, raping me, threatening to kill my son as he had the other three babies he had caused me to miscarry. A man I loved, who convinced me loved me, that he wanted to marry me, spent his life with me, have kids with me. And then I got pregnant sooner than we had planned to and overnight everything changed, I was excited, terrified but overall I was excited.

Aiden wasn't, he claimed he wasn't ready to be a father, it was too soon, he was too young, we were too young. We had only been together a little over a year and though he claimed to love me, claimed he did want to have kids with me it wasn't the right time. And when I refused to abort my baby the abuse started, it was a miracle Elius survived the pregnancy.