CHAPTER 1- Spirit: First Catch

©-THIS CREATION IS COPYRIGHTED : ALL RIGHTS RESERVED IS A COPYRIGHT FORMALITY INDICATING THAT THE OWNER OF SAID CREATION DOES NOT AND WILL NOT ALLOW USE, EDITING, SHARING, PERSONAL CLAIM OR RE-WORK OF THIS CREATION WITHOUT AUTHOR'S DIRECT PERMISSION. (This goes for any characters and ideas from said novel as well)

Hannah and Fallan came racing down the ravine, their tongues out as they panted. Both of them had long legs, but Fallan was shorter and Hannah much more dainty. Both were matched in personality but not looks. Fallan had a darker tan pelt, while Hannah's was light like golden grass.

I rolled my eyes in wonder at their excitement that portrayed the eagerness of kits. They had probably found some kind of oddly shaped rock and wanted me to determine what it looked like.

If this was the case now, I would pass.

I looked on as if I didn't want to be bothered because hey, I really didn't. Rarely did we take breaks in our travels. Taking one was for the sole purpose of me letting of some stress.

Anyways, it has been many turns of the Great Paw since we had been driven out of our territory to journey to Cheetah Pride.

How could I describe it?

Well, 'Cheetah Pride' was a place where many cheetahs roamed and there was a plentiful amounts of food for us wildcats. Beautiful golden grass and bright blue, fresh sparkling water, as my mother had spoken of it... Plus, there was no territory disputes because the cheetahs had lived close together for many Paws. Paws were the amount of days that it took for the Great Spot to disappear and appear again, in a full cycle.
The Great Paw was the round light source that the Sky-cat granted us every day, that brought out the prey and warmed our backs. But these were simple facts that almost every cheetah knew and learned from their Mother-cats.

If only we had made it there before the wolves attacked, somehow. If our mother had traveled to Cheetah Pride before she'd given birth and not waited until after...

Me and Fallan were only little cubs at the time, so it hadn't been our faults. We didn't know what fued the wolves had had with our mother; if there was one at all. Seemingly there was something rooted between all species of wolves and cheetah- as our legends told, the Howler and Sky-cat had been at war for many, many 'Paws.

I didn't like thinking or talking about my mother very much anymore, for what point was there to it? Looking back to that point in my life only caused pain, and what we needed most was to get to Cheetah Pride without faults.

Thankfully, it wasn't very likely that the wolves would be there now, or ever, thank the Sky-cat. They had no idea where it was, according to my mother's lingering words- and it had promised safety from all dangers in a place only cheetahs knew about. The hills were far, far away past the mountains and human-places where wolves dare not go. During the daytime, we were supposed to follow the Great Paw and pass certain landmarks that told us we were going the right way.

I was the only one who knew of these landmarks. When my mother had spoken of them I'd been very young, so it was a hazy memory- but better than nothing at all. I could feel it in my paws, tugging me in the right direction each morning.

All seemed well with the distant enemies... For now, at least. We'd been petrified after the wolves had dragged us out of our den, with Hannah's family already executed.

Fallan and I were litter-mates and shared the same mother. After she was killed, I'd been forced to scavenge for and protect Fallan and myself, along with another fortunate young cheetah. Hannah, the cheetah who was not related to us, had traveled beside us since we were kits and had a brighter, more yellowish pelt.