his confession!

Chapter 10

"Come in". Asad said despite knowing who is at the other side. He didn't feel like taking her name. It felt foreign to him. His mood got worsened when Yahya told him about the guests coming over so that both Hidayah and the guy can have a look at each other before proceeding further.

"Annie is on leave. Can I handle her share of work today? It will take one extra hour. Is that ok? ". Hidayah asked coming into his cabin.

"It's 5.30 already. It's okay if you want to continue and yeah I'll drive for you today. No need to book for a cab". Asad said working in his laptop. Hidayah didn't wanted to take the favour. But seeing him in a sullen mood, she didn't find it right time to argue with him.

"Okay. What's wrong?". Hidayah asked seeing him lost.

"Why do you care, Hidayah?". Asad asked looking straight at her eyes.

"I... I I mean you areee not having food. It's still untouched". Hidayah said pointing towards the untouched food kept on a teapoy of his cabin.

"I'm not hungry". Asad said concentrating back on his laptop.

Nodding her head, Hidayah left his cabin. "What happened to this weirdly weird creature?". Hidayah murmered to herself going to Annie's cabin.

Asad shut the laptop with a loud thud. He didn't feel like doing anything. He didn't feel like breathing either.

Suddenly it was suffocating him. The pain of losing her is not something he ever thought of experiencing. The more he try to divert his mind, the more his heart take him to her.

Having her around in office and at home as well didn't help him much.

He didn't realise when a teardrop escaped from his eyes. And at that instance, he knew she mean so much more than anything else in this world. He felt that the impact of her presence in his life is beyond measure.

He was now determined to not let go of her. He will make her only his. And with that intention, he got up and went to the parking lot to talk to Yahya before its too late.

While he was about to start the engine of his car, his mobile rang indicating a call from his mother.

"Assalamualaikum Ammi". Asad said.

"Walaikumasslam. What happened beta? You're sounding dull". Rafeeqa asked her son worriedly.

"Nothing Ammi. Just tired". Asad said. He was indeed tired of everything that's happening and the worst part was he couldn't share it with anyone.

"Ohh my poor baby. Don't work so hard neglecting your own health beta". Rafeeqa said.

"Yes Ammi and why did you call?".

"To inform you that we're going to the airport now to leave for India". Rafeeqa said making Asad guilty. He completely forgot about his family coming over to India.

"I'm so sorry Ammi. I was preoccupied". Asad said feeling guilty.

"That's okay beta and you didn't tell about our arrival to anybody there, right? ". Rafeeqa asked.

"No ammi". Asad said.

"Hida will be so happy. Before calling you, I had called her. She wished for us to be by her side on her big day". Rafeeqa said accepting the reality.

"What big day? ". Asad asked quickly.

"Some people are coming to see her tonight on marriage perspective. You didn't know about it? ". Rafeeqa asked.