The proposal!

Chapter 16

After the dinner at Hidayah's place, the Rehmani family decided to go to their hotel where they were staying till their mansion get constructed. It was in progress and a month to go before they finally shift.

Due to the tiring day, the family took rest to welcome the new day with new hope.

"Hidayah is so strong, Ammi. Masha Allah ". Anam said admiring her cousin on the breakfast table where they were silently having their Parotha until Anam decided to break it.

For Asad, it was now or never. He was so nervous that his lips started quivering. But he made attempt to not let go Hidayah this time.

"Yes she's! Just like her mother. Hiba Di never showed her pain during her last days. She acted strong to not let Yahya jeeju fall weak". Rafeeqa said on the verge of tears.

"Ammi! Calm down". Asad said. Nodding her head at him, she wiped her tears.

"Ammi, Abba! I need to tell you something important". Asad started.

"Yes. Go ahead". Sadique said.

"I don't know how to say it!". Asad said lowering his gaze.

"Just say it Beta. You're scaring me". Rafeeqa said.

"Nothing to be worried about Ammi".

"Then just spill the beans".Anam said this time.

"I don't know, how you're going to react at it". He said as his hand started to get cold and his heart beat going on another level to nearly stop beating.

"Asad! Don't tell me you want to get married to somebody in America". Rafeeqa asked full of horror in her eyes.

"No Ammi! But yeah it's about my marriage". Asad said.

"You're never this nervous in your meetings with the top class people. Why are you hesitating now? ". Sadique asked analysing his son's features.

"I'm scared of your reactions Abba".

"Go ahead, we wont judge you". Sadique said encouraging his son.

"Ammi, Abba. I actually...... I'm willing to get married to Hidayah". Asad said finally closing his eyes in the process out of fear of reactions of his parents.

"You want to what? ". Anam asked her brother unable to understand whether she heard right.

"Why do you feel? I mean you didn't express anything as such all these years?". Rafeeqa asked her son bewildered.

"I didn't feel anything as such before!". Asad said opening his eyes.

"Sadique, what do you have to say? ". Rafeeqa asked her husband on the verge of tears being overwhelmed by the news.

"I don't understand. It's like seeing your dream come true". Sadique said mirroring his wife's state of mind.

"What do you mean Abba? ". Asad asked perplexed.

"They were willing to get you both married since you were kids. So it's ecstatic to see their dream coming true". Anam said wiping her own tears.

"Subhan Allah ". Asad affirmed.

•••

After the work at his school being the head master, Yahya decided to go back to his appartment. He was overwhelmed when Sadique had called him this afternoon to ask his daughter's hand in marriage for Asad.

The same guy, he wanted his daughter to spend the rest of her life with. He was ecstatic to know that it was Asad who expressed the desire.

On knocking at the door for 2 minutes, Hidayah finally opened the door revealing a happy Yahya.