Alhamdulillah!

Chapter 17

"There is none as dumb as you, Hida". Haseena mocked her friend.

"I'm just worried for Abba and why can't anyone see that?". Hidayah said literally pissed off.

Can anyone see her pain? The state of mind she's in?

It's not easy!

Leaving your father alone knowing that he has no one here to take care of him.

It's damn not easy!

Urghhh! She felt like banging her head on the door.

"We know that really well but he's telling you to at least wait for him. Is that too much to ask?".

"Haseena! I don't know. Right now, Im not in a mood to talk about it".

"You offered your istikhara salah, right? And how do you feel now?".

"I have never felt anything as such before. It's like getting peace within your soul".

"And you are still doubtful?".

"I'm not doubting his love here. I know he loves me genuinely but.....".

"Know that Yahya uncle would be happy if you agree to this marriage and your denial will only increase his stress because he knows that, with Asad, you're in a safe hands!".

"Yes Hmmm... I guess I'm over reacting".

"Yes that you're! What did your masi say?".

"She wants me to accept her son's proposal".

"Tell me if you want to get married to him or not because you know! May be I can try on him". Haseena said shrugging her shoulders as if whatever she said now doesn't matter at all.

"You can keep your eyes to yourself". Hidayah said acting jealous.

"Uff! Possessive much?".

"Shut up". Hidayah said turning to other side hiding her smile.

••••••

"Hida! What decision you have taken? And Asad talked to me yesterday. He wants you to wait till he comes back from US. He's doing so much to be with you and that too in a halal way. A guy like him is rare to find. He's a gem of a person. And if you still deny it, there will be no person as foolish as you". Yahya put forth, while he sat on Hidayah's bed where he was facing her back.

Wiping her tears, Hidayah turned to her father, saying, "Abba I know you do care about me. Everyone here does including, Sadique uncle and Rafeeqa Masi. You all want my betterment. And I'm so happy to have you all by my side".

"What's the problem then? ".

"I'm just worried for you".

"I'll be fine Hida. Now as everything is sorted, why dont you give your consent?".

"Abba I..... I...... ". Hidayah stuttered.

"Do you have someone else in your mind?".

"No Abba! ". She was quick to answer.

"Whatever your decision is Hida, I'll abide by it". Yahya said getting up.

"I'm ready to marry Asad, Abba! If that's what you want".

"You dont need to marry him just on my insistence".

"Abba! I... I'm... I'm willing to marry him".

"You sure?".