Wishes!

Chapter 20

"Qubool hai, qubool hai, qubool hai". Asad affirmed happily.

Yahya came forward to hug his only son-in-law. One after another, the people present for the wedding kept hugging and congratulating him.

"May this journey ahead of you be full of love and prosperity". Sadique said hugging his son.

"Jazakallahu khairan, Abba". Asad said parting from the hug.

"Welcome to the team. I was sulking alone but thank God, I have a partner now". Kabir said hugging Asad.

"Just don't scare him on the first day of his married life at least". Javier said coming forward to congratulate Asad.

"Happy married life, brother. May God always keep you happy". Javier said genuinely hugging his best friend.

"Thanks a lot, Javier". Asad said breaking from the hug.

"So how are you feeling?". Kabir asked further.

"I really can't believe Its really happening". Asad said.

"Do you want me to pinch you? ". Kabir asked.

"No sorry! If it's a dream then I don't want to wake up". Asad said totally awestruck with the realisation that he got to marry the one he really wanted to end up with.

"Uff this guy is totally a lost case". Kabir told Javier.

"Don't you remember, how did you react on your wedding day? ". Javier asked Kabir.

"Don't even ask. He was behaving as if he was the bride". Asad said making Javier laugh on the sarcasm.

"That's not funny OK? I was actually nervous". Kabir tried to justify.

"So am i". Asad said.

"Why are you nervous?". Kabir asked.

"It's natural, I guess". Asad said.

"But dont you think, it's quite difficult to leave the country right after your marriage?". Kabir asked making the groom mum.

Won't it be difficult? It surely will be.

But there's no other choice.

"I wont say it would be easy".

"Take her with you then".

"I wish I could". Asad said.

"Before you make the atmosphere here tense, I think we should head towards the food counter as Sadique uncle is already calling us over". Javier said.

After the lunch, Asad was ready in his black tuxedo to meet his wife.

His wife! It felt so real.

As Asad made his way inside the hall along with Kabir and Javier, the hall was emptied to give the space to the groom to walk down the aisle to reach his bride.

There sat his wife on stage looking gorgeous as always in her pink bridal wear.

He went onto the stage, kept his right hand on her head, slowly recited a dua to finally blowing it over her. He made himself comfortable beside her.

Hidayah couldn't hear her heartbeat anymore. She felt like it stopped beating for a moment. She was sitting so close to her husband.

Her husband! The realisation hit her hard.

"Here take this". Anam said extending a glass of milk towards Asad.

"Sip the milk from the glass and make her drink from the same end". Rafeeqa said this time.