Chapter 14: Dance Lessons

Before entering the Room of Requirement, Talia leaned against the wall to regain herself. After a few calming breaths, Talia sauntered into the disused classroom, her wand raised and with a flick of her wrist her outfit had changed. “You really are your mother’s daughter” Professor Snape grumbled as he stepped out of the shadows. “I always seem to forget that you and my parents were at school together” Talia chuckled as she shook her head “Trouble in paradise?” Professor Snape prodded as he stepped closer towards her. “Accio Stereo” Talia muttered pointing to an empty table not far from where they were standing. “If you must know, Professor, I had a run in with my father.” she finally replied, turning her attention back to her dance partner. “I’m sorry to hear that. I suppose being the daughter of a criminal can’t be easy” Professor Snape mumbled as he set down his wand on the table next to the stereo. “I wouldn’t know since I don’t consider him to be my father. My sister Isabelle on there hand-.” Talia broke off shrugging as she began to stretch. “Your sister idolises the man.” Professor Snape finished for her as he waited patiently. “Precisely. Now, shall we get started or do you wish to hear about how much Sirius Black’s own daughter despises him?” Talia questioned, her eyebrow raised and her hand outstretched. As soon as Professor Snape took a hold of Talia’s hand, the stereo started playing some muggle music. “I always seem to forget you were raised around muggles, Miss Black” Professor Snape chuckled brashly as they spun around the room. “If we're going to do this, I think we're going to have to drop the formalities, don't you?" Talia smiled softly as she allowed herself to enjoy the moment. "If you insist, Talia" Professor Snape huffed as he dipped her towards the end of the song. "Oh, I insist, Severus" Talia laughed, the sound taking Professor Snape by surprise. As they both stood up right again to take a break and catch their breath, Talia conjured up a jug of Pumpkin Juice. "I haven't had that much fun since I was 6" Talia smiled as she took a sip from her glass. After some small talk and a little break Talia and Severus began dancing again, it was surprising that they hadn't attracted a crowd with how much Talia was laughing and smiling. "That was so much fun!" Talia laughed as she perched herself on the table. "Indeed" Professor Snape replied returning to his normal monotone self. "Thank you, for this Professor. Sometimes-. Sometimes I just need to forget things for a little while and it's hard to find someone who isn't family or my really close friends" Talia smiled softly as she set down her glass. For a moment the pair were quiet, just watching each other before Professor Snape decided to break the silence by standing. "You should really get to bed before your Grandmother sends Mister Weasley down and gives you a detention for being out past curfew." Professor Snape reminded her as he made his way to the door. "Yes, I suppose so" Talia frowned as she hopped off the table watching as he opened the door. "Good Night, Miss Black." "Good Night, Professor."