12|| The Sting

"Everybody has fears however we all have the ability to overcome them."

~~~Sawrina~~~

~~~Sawrina~~~

I woke up with my head resting on Raph's enormous right bicep. The aroma of breakfast filled the room alongside the sound of Mikey's humming. I lifted my head up and noticed that Raph was still asleep. I slowly stood up trying not to wake him before walking around the couch and into the kitchen area. "What are you making?" I asked as he looked over at me with a cheerful smile. "Pancakes, toast, an eggs." He said happily as I smiled lightly. I won't deny that Mikey is an amazing cook. "Where's Leo and Donnie?" I asked curiously as I glanced around the room and saw no sign of them but knowing Donnie, he was probably in his lab. "They said they were going on a mutagen hunt and that they'd be back anytime now. Donnie called me and said Leo got stung by some kind of mutated wasp and that they found a wasp egg." Mikey informed. That was a lot of information...even for Mikey. "Wait...Leo got stung by a mutant wasp?" I questioned as Mikey nodded while continuing to hum. "Well that can't be good." I mumbled before turning to leave when Mikey called "Wake Raph up and tell him it's breakfast time." He said as I sighed and walked over to the couch he was resting on. He looked so...peaceful? "Raph?" I called his name as he remained asleep. I shook his shoulder lightly before calling his hand again. "What?" He asked tiredly. "Breakfast." I stated before sitting down at the dining room table. Mikey delivered me and Raph our food first before sitting down and eating himself. "Where's Leo and Donnie?" Raph asked. "They should be back anytime now. They went on a mutagen hunt." Mikey explained as I added on "and Leo was stung by a mutated wasp while Donnie is bringing the wasps egg here." Raph looked at me and then back at Mikey with a quite upset expression. "So Leo goes out without us and gets himself hurt but they also decide to bring a mutant creatures egg into our home!" Raph said angrily.

"We're back." I heard Leos voice as I stood up from the couch and walked over to see Leo carrying something that was wrapped in newspaper. "What's that?" I asked motioning towards the newspaper. "It's a mutant wasp egg. We brought it here to study it." Leo explained as Raph shoved me out of the way. "Leo, what do you think you're doing? First, you two sneak out on your own and then you're getting stung by some mutant bug, and not to mention the fact that you brought the bugs egg in to our home! Do you know what comes out of wasp eggs? Here's a hint, wasp!" Raph shouted angrily as I took a step in between them. "One, you don't shove me out of the way. Two, Leo needs to get that wound checked. Three, Donnie needs to go watch that egg and make sure that it doesn't hatch because if it does then we'll have a problem. Four, you need to lighten up." I said sternly as I glared at Raph. "I'm fine." Leo assured as I turned my attention to him. "It's a mutant, Leo. You don't know what kind of problems it could cause." I warned as he sighed. "I'll take the egg to my lab." Donnie said as he went to grab the wasp egg but Leo smacked his hand away strangely. "Paws off!" He yelled. "Woah...are you ok? Because outbursts of anger are usually Raphs thing." Mikey said as Leo sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I'm fine. It's just that the egg is very fragile. I'll carry it." He explained as I exchanged glances with Donnie. "Ok then." Donnie said as he followed Leo to his lab. I exchanged glances with Raph before going to the lab.

"I'm dissecting it." I heard as I walked in the lab and saw Donnie holding a scalpel just above the egg. "No! We need to study it and see how it develops. This is our only clue so far as to what the Kraang have been working on." Leo warned as Donnie put the scalpel away. "Fine. I'll just sit here and watch it." Donnie said nervously. "Good. From over there." Leo said pointing at the lab doors where I stood. Donnie took a few steps back before Leo glared at him and he stepped all the way back to the door. "Sawrina, can I speak with you for a second?" He asked placing a hand on my shoulder as I nodded and we closed the lab door. "Leo's been acting a little strange ever since he got stung. He's obsessed with that egg and won't let anyone near it." Donnie explained as Raph and Mikey approached. "That egg needs to be destroyed. If that thing hatches who knows what could happen." Raph said as I nodded. "Tonight, I'm destroying it." Raph stated firmly before walking away. "I have a bad feeling about this." Mikey said as I nodded before making my way to the Turtle's room.

_____

I made my way to Donnie's lab. It was just after lunch and we had pizza but Leo didn't come out to eat so I just decided to stop by Donnie's lab and see if he was hungry. "Hey Leo, you didn't come out for lunch. You want some pizza?" I asked as he remained silent but was staring at the egg with his shell facing me. "Leo? Are you ok?" I questioned as he remained silent and facing the egg. "Ok then. More food for Mikey I guess." I stated before closing the door. "Hey Donnie...you need to see this." I called as the three turtles walked over and observed Leo. "Leo we have pizza." Mikey said as he remained still and quiet. "Something's not right." I whispered to Donnie.
I don't know what's going on...but whatever it is...its not good.