18|| Better Dreams

"The past can haunt you, but you can choose to let it or show how strong you are."

~~~Sawrina~~~

~~~Sawrina~~~

"Where are we going, Shredder?" I asked curiously as we walked down a sewer tunnel. "We are going to meet with our new allies to discuss business." He stated as I raised a brow. Allies? What kind of allies? "Who are these allies?" I questioned as he glanced back at me. "They call themselves the Kraang. They're quite foolish but their technology will help us." He explained. He can't be serious. I'd rather die than ally myself with the pathetic aliens that killed my family and held me captive for several years and the worst part was that Shredder knew that. "Are you joking?" I said angrily as he turned towards me and stopped walking. "I'm not working with the Kraang! You know what they did to me!" I shouted as he approached closer. Me raising my voice at Shredder would be a death wish however I didn't care at this point. "Enough! You are my second-in-command because you are relentless and merciless. You lack compassion towards all which is exactly what the Foot Clan needs. You are a tough warrior who has benefited my clan in many ways but that does not make you qualified to these kind of decisions." He said angrily as I scoffed. "I won't ally myself with the Kraang. It's simple as that. You want me in your clan, you don't ally with the Kraang." I stated boldly trying to stand my ground as he sighed. "You would be foolish to leave this clan. I have given you everything you needed." He reminded me as I turned my right hand into a saw blade. "That may be so, but I'd rather go back to the streets than work for the people who caused me so much pain." I said firmly. I would not be working with the Kraang but I have a feeling things are about to get really ugly. "I do not wish to fight you Sawrina. However if you choose to do so, then you must know that the consequences will be dire." He warned as I turned my left hand to a blade as well. "I'd rather die in a fight than on my knees." I stated before he charged at me with his blades and ours collided. I blocked his hit before kicking him in the chest. "I trained you. I know all your skills." He said as I blocked another hit he swung at me. "Not everything." I warned before striking him in the head knocking him off his feet. "I'm done working with you." I stated boldly before he went to strike me with his right fist but I dodged it until...I felt a painful sensation in my chest as I looked down and saw a blade sticking out. I couldn't block both hits in time and now I had to pay the price.

~~~Raphael~~~

I laid on my bed reading a comic book before Sawrina sat up quickly and was breathing heavily. I climbed down and walked over curiously to see if she was alright. Her face was red and her eyes had tears falling from them followed by sweat across her forehead. She must've had a nightmare. "Are you ok?" I asked kneeling in front of her as she wiped her eyes with her hand and nodded. "You want to talk about it?" I asked as she coughed a little and shook her head no. "Do you want something to drink?" I offered before she nodded and threw her legs over the side of the bed. I offered her a hand to stand up which she surprisingly accepted before following me out the room to the kitchen. She was strong but she seemed so afraid and angry over whatever happened in her dream.
I handed her a strawberry crush soda from the hidden stack I had in the fridge. Mikey always tried to steal mine but he had his own so I never really understood why all I knew was it made me mad. "Thanks." She said her voice still sounding dry. "Need anything else?" I asked as she took a sip. "No." She said before placing the can in front of her and putting her head down on the table. I wanted to know what was going on inside her head. Whatever it was, it was causing her a great amount of pain.
"You have them often?" I questioned as she glanced up at me before looking down at her hands while she fidgeted with them. "Yeah." She said sadly as I sat across from her. "If you don't mind me asking, what are they about?" I couldn't help but ask. I wanted to know.
"They're mostly about the Kraang. More recently Shredder." She explained as I took a sip from my drink. "You should talk to Sensei about that. He can probably help you with some sort of meditation he knows." I stated. Splinter always meditated when he was feeling a certain way. It was his way of handling things and keeping certain parts of his mind balanced as he claims. "Maybe." She said emotionlessly. "You should try to get some sleep though. We have training tomorrow morning and I'm sure Sensei wants you there." I informed as she nodded before standing up. "Thanks Raph." She said before leaving.
I can't tell her how I feel. As much as I want to I just can't. She is a human and I'm a mutant turtle who lives in the sewers. Even if she is part mutant, she can still have a good life. One that I can't give her. But maybe I could tell her just to let her know...things would just get weird between us though. She'd probably be disgusted or something.
The thought of her reaction made my heart ache as much as my mind wouldn't rest about it. I have to tell her...but I just can't do it.