SEVEN

♛ ♛ ♛

"I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, and fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone professionally."

A small chuckle escaped from Faith as she entered the study room, having heard the blonde. Camille looked at the dark-haired girl in surprise as she hadn't heard her come into the room. "He already knows all his problems. He just doesn't want them fixed or get help for them."

"And you are?" Camille asked.

"Faith Everly, one of the few people who have a personal relationship Klaus," the siphoner smirked. "Though I don't think it's unstable. Is it?"

"Depends on how the relationship is," the blonde girl said. "What is your relationship to him?"

"She is my girlfriend and the mother of my soon-to-be-born daughter," Klaus smirked, sitting on his chair behind his desk. "And I would think our relationship would be considered unstable from the bartender with a psychology degree, Love. We have done questionable things."

*cue the flashback of them killing and harming people*

"What's life without a little blood, right?" Faith looked at Camille. "I never got your name, bartender?"

"Camille," she smiled, holding out her hand to which Faith grabbed. The siphoner was a bit surprised to feel no magic from the blonde, but then again she didn't get that odd sensation when she was around a vampire. "But, please, call me Cami."

"You're human," Faith raised an eyebrow at Klaus, who smirked back at her. "I see you still have a thing for pure-hearted blondes. Should I be jealous?"

Klaus chuckled and wrapped an arm around the siphoner's waist, bringing her to sit down on the arm of the chair he was in. "Nothing to worry about, Love. I was just offering a job to Cami as our stenographer."

"Our?"

"Okay," Camille agreed to the job with a small smile, despite the pang of jealousy and disappointment she felt of the couple in front of her. "What are we writing?"

"Our memoirs, of course," Klaus said. "Someone should know our story and it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects like your handsome suitor Marcel."

"Excuse me," Camille began to protest. "My private life is —"

"Your private life," Klaus spoke over her, "is, as it turns out, essential to my plans. You see, Marcel wants you and because of that, he will trust you which serves me. The thing is the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side, there's me and on the other Marcel, along with a very powerful witch and an army of vampires."

Faith stood up to grab the blonde by her hands before she could let panic strike her. She pushed the blonde toward Klaus, who compelled her. "You're frightened. Don't be."

An odd sensation of calmness washed over the blonde as she looked at Klaus before looking at Faith, who was smiling with amusement. "I'm not scared anymore. That's amazing. How did you —"

"It's called compulsion," Faith explained. "Quite a fascinating vampire trick, but you would get to learn all about it later. First, we need to know a little bit more about Marcel. Sadly for you, I'm no longer close to the vampire anymore, but you are as it seems. I'm sure we will get along just fine."

♛ ♛ ♛

"I'm fine," Faith flipped through one of the Everly diaries before setting it to the side, ignoring the pleading of the witch sitting across from her.