EIGHT

♛ ♛ ♛

Faith breathed heavily as tiredness began to settle onto her from running. The werewolf ahead of her noticed her lagging behind and grabbed her by her wrist. She pulled her behind a tree as many men ran past them. Once they were in front of them, Hayley swiftly ran up to the last man and flipped him to the ground. Faith rushed after and grabbed the crossbow he was carrying and shot an arrow into his neck, letting him choke on his blood before he even realized what happened to him.

He saw those blue eyes glaring down at him and a smirk played on the beautiful woman governing over him as he gasped for his life. It was torture until his last second.

Hayley, in the meantime, tackled another man ahead of them to the ground before snapping his neck. She grabbed the machete the man was carrying and swung it across a man's neck, who had heard them and looked back at them. She looked back at Faith to see her pointing the crossbow at her. Instantly, she stepped to the side as the siphoner shot another arrow to lodge itself onto the middle of a man's forehead and he dropped the ground with a thud.

Hayley's eyes glowed a yellow amber as she saw a man walking up from behind Faith. Just as she was about to signal the siphoner or try to stop him, the man dropped dead on the ground with his neck snapped. Faith quickly turned around and relief washed over at the sight of the female Mikaelson. "I have to say I'm impressed," she told Hayley.

"How'd you find us?" Hayley asked as she walked up to the two women.

"Your text got me halfway," Rebekah answered. "Vamp-hearing did the rest. Who are they?"

"Witches," Faith answered, looking at the dead men in disgust.

Suddenly, Rebekah turned around. More men with flashlights were quickly making their way toward them. "There are more of them. Run!"

Faith hesitated to leave Rebekah alone before Hayley pulled her away. They had only run about three yards when the gasps of pain from Rebekah caused both girls to turn around. Faith's eyes widened before an arrow lodged itself onto Hayley's shoulder and she began to internally panic. Usually, she would be able to be slightly annoyed by the inconvenience, but she didn't have any magic and she was pregnant, causing her hormones to be all over the place and for her to worry about the two daughters she was carrying. The wind began to pick up around her from her emotions.

Another arrow soared through the tree and into Faith's shoulder. Her fingers wrapped themselves around the arrow. It was laced with something, she realized before she crumbled to the ground.

♛ ♛ ♛

When Rebekah woke up from the arrows in her heart, she didn't see the werewolf or Faith anywhere and saw the bodies of the witches scarred and dead around her. She quickly called Klaus before looking around for the two women. She was able to find the clinic, but it was half-burned by the fire Faith had caused in an attempt to stall the men from catching up to them.

She looked up at the sound of someone entering the burnt building. "Well, you abandoned your quest for power to help out your family," Rebekah remarked at the sight of her brother. "Having an off day?"

"Who took her, Rebekah?" Klaus asked, calmly, withholding himself from shouting at his sister just yet.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Klaus demanded, walking toward her, all patience gone. "Then who killed their attackers?"

"I don't know," Rebekah said, forcibly. "I had an arrow in my heart. If it wasn't Hayley who killed them, then —" A loud howl interrupted her, "lovely, perhaps her cousins will know where they are."

Rebekah walked past her brother, who soon followed after. The screen door creaked open and they were met with the sight of Faith, weakly, walking next to Hayley, who was having trouble holding her up on her own since she was weak and disoriented.

"What happened?" Klaus glowered, rushing toward Faith. "Tell me what happened. Hayley?"

"I can't remember," Hayley mumbled, eyes unfocused. Klaus' eyes blazed with anger at the lack of information and Hayley's lack of ability to protect Faith. But more at himself for not being there for the siphoner.

"Stop," Faith croaked and she raised her head to look at Klaus, "it's not her fault. If it weren't for her, I would've been dead by now, Klaus. Just give her some of your blood so she can heal. Please."

They looked at each other before Klaus bit onto his wrist and handed it toward Hayley. Faith sighed, tiredly as she sat at the porch of the burnt clinic next to Rebekah. "How were you able to heal so fast?" Klaus questioned.

"Leave her alone," Rebekah stopped her brother from bombarding her with questions before looking at Faith, "it's the baby. The vampire blood, Klaus' blood in your system. It can heal any wound. Your own child healed you."

"Children," Faith corrected.

"What?"

"She's having twins," Hayley explained, feeling better after her shoulder wound healed completely with Klaus' blood. "The doctor visit wasn't a complete waste of time."

Rebekah smiled before asking, "how did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed. Those men were ripped to shreds."

"I think it was the wolf," Hayley muttered. "I think it's trying to protect me and it probably sensed Faith was pregnant, and it protected her as well."

"The witches were supposed to protect her," Klaus said with restraint. "When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux—"

"It wasn't her," Faith stopped him. "It was Agnes. May I remind you that I am still linked to the bitch."

"Doesn't matter," Klaus remarked. "I'll slaughter the lot of them."

"Not if Elijah gets there first," Rebekah spoke up.

"Elijah?" Hayley repeated. "Did you find him?"

"He's been in touch and he has a plan. All he asked is that we take care of Faith and you, of course."

"Of course," Faith whispered, eyes closed gently in exhaustion before speaking up, "so can we go home now? I have a seven-year-old daughter that is probably still mad at me."

She smiled, weakly before standing up. Dizziness washed over her and her knees weakened as she stumbled forward, but Klaus quickly picked her up. One arm wrapped around her shoulders and the other underneath her knees as she laid her head against his chest. "I got you, Love."

"I know," she murmured before sleepiness finally caught up to her. "Thank you."