three

luz p.o.v

i run out the coffee shop after saying goodbye to Amity. i unlock my bike and start pedaling fast to my lecture. i need to get there before it starts or i'll be in big trouble! once i show up to my building i lock up my bike and run inside. i find my room down the hall and enter.

all eyes on me.

"Noceda, you made it in time. i'm proud." the professor says, "take a seat, and class stop staring." when i finally sit down and everything i couldn't help but think of that girl named Amity. she made some of the best coffee to ever exist... and her hair was beautiful too. AH NO BI PANIC!

i instantly try to focus on the lesson and not on her and her pretty eyes - DAMN IT! STAY FOCUSED! i ended up thinking about her the whole time. which didn't help me at all with what i already had to catch up on. i hear the professor dismiss the class, i get up and leave the building, i check my phone and look at the time, 1:30. i guess i could go home and do schoolwork. i unlock my bike and hop on it, i ride home.

once i get back home i get off my bike. what i like about being in the woods is we live right outside of town. it's only a 15 minute bike ride to the campus. i enter to see only King, "where's Eda and Hooty?" i ask him.

"oh Eda is in Bonesborough, she's grabbing stuff for dinner. Hooty is napping in his room." King tells me while coloring some of his coloring books he got for his birthday. i only say 'oh' before telling him i'm going to my room. once i enter my room i sit at my desk and begin to get out my laptop. i open it to see i'm 10 assignments behind where i should be. school is the worst.

after about 2 hours of schoolwork and i'm finally halfway caught up. why did i want to be a counselor again? oh right, because of my childhood. i wanted to do a little of everything but Mr. Bump said i don't have enough money to do that or enough years in my life. which is true, i have to get my doctorate which takes forever. of course i'm still a freshman too. i stretch my back on my chair and popped my knuckles. i decided to do the rest tomorrow morning.

i get up from my chair and walk downstairs. Hooty was watching tv while King was eating chips, i'm guessing Eda was still out. i say hi and sit next to the boys. then King piped up, "you guys know what would be fun?"

"what?" Hooty asked turning away from his trance on the tv.

"we go on a night adventure while Eda's asleep!" King yells standing up from the couch, bowl of chips still in hand. Hooty agreed instantly, i was a little bit skeptical. "but what if Eda does find out?" i ask him crossing my arms.

"we'll just sneak out at midnight, easy peasy! you know how hard Eda sleeps!" he exclaimed turning to me then sitting down. i ended up agreeing, i'm easy to persuade. Eda showed up not long after, she was carrying two full bags of food. she flopped it on the floor and crashed on the couch next to me. Hooty stood up and grabbed the bags. "i'll get these for you Eda!" Hooty said taking them to the kitchen. Eda thanked him and stayed in her position.

a few hours later around 5:30 Eda got up and started to make dinner, once it was done she called us to the table. we had small talk until i got asked by Eda, "what'd you do today, kid?"

"uh.. i went to the cafe on campus before class." i said about to take a bite of my broccoli.

"meet any cute boys?" King asked, looking and leaning to me like he was hinting of a future spouse for me.

"you're funny... no." i say deadpanned.

"but it could be like one of those love stories where the barista falls in love with the customer at first sight!" King whined.

"i doubt those actually happen in real life." i say taking another bite of food and rolling my eyes.

"sorry King but i'll have to agree with Luz on that one." Eda chimes in.

"and i agree with myself!" Hooty exclaimed scarfing down more food. we all roll our eyes and continue eating. after dinner i went up into my room and sat on my phone. once the clock hit midnight i heard footsteps to my room. King opened my door peeking in with Hooty right behind. they come into my room and close the door. "hey dummy get ready!" he whisper shouted. i put on my black beanie and wore a black hoodie with black jean pants. i grab and put on my shoes. i grab my wallet because these nights usually end up with us blasted.

once i got ready we creeped down the stairs to the back door in the kitchen and snuck out. once we were outside we started walking to Bonesborough, it started getting a bit chilly out since it's getting closer to winter. King and Hooty were talking about random things but i was too focused that i could start to see my breath in the cold, crisp, air. we made sure to all wear black so if we ended up getting in trouble we could hide easier. Hooty made that mistake one time and Eda had to get him from the jail the next morning.

once in town we walk up to a corner store and King holds out his hand, "hand the money over bud, i'll buy the goods. the usual?"

i pull out my wallet and give him a $50. "you know me too well." i say as he gets ready to grab money from Hooty and ask him what he wants. King and Hooty both go in. as i sit outside waiting i see a familiar mint green haired girl walking down the street.