fourteen

Amity p.o.v

wow i really like this girl. the kiss honestly was so magical to me. i feel like i've never had this type of connection with anyone. looking into her brown eyes just makes me feel content. being with her is a whole new experience and it's so free and fulfilling. just sitting there in the night, doing crazy shenanigans and being free.

"hey Amity?" the tall girl sitting next to me asks.

"yeah?"

"okay off topic and probably gonna ruin the moment butttt... do you wanna stay another night at my place?" she scratches the back of her head asking the question.

oh shit i haven't talked to my siblings all day.

"you reminded me -also yes i would love to- that i need to text Ed and Em."

"oh shit i forgot about them." she places her hand on her forehead. i hop up and guess what, the edible kicked in. i stumble to my phone and grab it near the tree. and surprisingly only 2 missed calls, each from both siblings. i call Ed.

"oh thank god your alive sis, almost thought you forgot about your siblings." i hear Ed say in such a sarcastic tone.

"i haven't forgot about you guys, i've been busy." i triumphantly defend.

"probably busy banging that 'friend' of yours!" i hear Em yell in the background.

"am i on speaker phone? anyways not the point, no we haven't banged. we've just been celebrating the festival. and by the way i'm gonna stay another night tonight, i'll have Luz walk me home tomorrow night." i tell them pinching the bridge of my nose.

"oh~ so you can bang her tonight?" Edric chimes in.

"no! it's just closer. and plus it's late." i faltered out.

"uh-huh. anyways be careful sis and be safe if you know what we mean." i hear them snicker to me.

"ugh! you guys are the worst! i love you and i'll see you tomorrow." they reply with an 'i love you' and i hang up. "you didn't hear any of that did you?"

"Amity the phone was on speaker phone, you were just holding it to your ear." she tells me.

"oh my god i am so stupid." i facepalm. ugh so embarrassing. i hear laughing and put my hand down, Luz was laughing so hard. she looked like she was gonna fall over. my face goes bright red. "hey! don't laugh!"

"i'm sorry! i'm sorry! but i'm high and this is hilarious." she quits laughing and dries her happy tears. i roll my eyes and open my hand to her, she takes it and stands up. i look over at the sky and only see a few lanterns left. "wanna get ready to go?" she asks me. i nod to her and we pick up our things.

as we start to walk off from the tree Luz pulls out her joint and lights it taking a few puffs before giving it to me. i take a puff and hand it back. as we pass back and forth i decide to ask Luz a question. "so Luz quick question but how do you know how to fight? earlier when those guys were being assholes you literally knocked out a guy and threw another one over your shoulder." i commented.

"well living with Eda is a bit crazy, you probably already guessed that she is a scam artist." i nod my head to her. "well having your parent be one of those people you get made fun of a lot at school and got my fair share of beatings by kids because their parents got scammed by Eda. i don't blame Eda at all to be truly honest, she likes her job. and when she would figure out that i got beat up or anything she would freak out on the school and the parents of the kids. and i felt bad having her stand up for me all the time. so i started working out and fighting back and just over the years through middle school and high school i had my fair share of fights. but Eda taught me the most important things. number one; use fighting as a last resort, and number two; never throw the first punch."

i give her hum as a response, i really liked listening to her talk. it was soothing. "she's a good mom to you, i can tell. she's had her rough patches but cares for you more than anything." i tell her taking a puff and handing it back to her.

"what about your parents, Blight?" she questioned taking a hit.

"my parents are not the best to be truly honest. see my parents are super rich and are of really high status. it was hard for me and my siblings, we didn't have freedoms and they did have their good moments. but why weren't often at all. my own mom would make me dye my hair green so then i match my siblings. Ed and Em were put on pedestals, while i had to work hard to be to my parents liking." it felt good getting it off my chest. i feel her grab my hand.

"it'll be okay, you're away from them now so don't worry sweetpea." i turn to see her looking at me she gives me a small smile. she hands me the joint and gives me a peck on the cheek. i smile and take a hit. honestly it feels great being like this, me and her against the world. before we knew it we were finished with smoking and at the owl house.

we sneak in through the back door and slowly walk up the stairs to her room. she closes the door behind her and i flop on the bed letting out a sigh of relief. so much more comfortable now. Luz walks over and sits next to me. "you tired?" she asks looking over at me.

"surprisingly not, my legs are just sore from walking today." i tell her, she lays down next to me.

"same, i could party some more." she winks over at me. it looked like a lightbulb went off in her head. "change into your sweats, i wanna show you something cool." she tells me getting up from her spot.