seventeen

Luz p.o.v

lights hit my eyes as i wake up. i open my eyes to see the sun coming up. it was around the time of fall the sun comes up later in the day. as i go to reach for my phone i hear mumbling next to me. i look down to see Amity hugged tight to my chest, her arm around me and her legs wrapped together with mine.  i become even more silent with grabbing my phone because i didn't want to wake her up. once i get a hold of my phone i check the time, 8:45am. perfect, that'll give me enough time to get downstairs and make breakfast for everyone. well that is if i could get away from this sleepy girl laying on me.

i ended up just risking it. i move and get up making sure to be pretty careful with getting out of her grasp. of course she wakes up. she opens her eyes slowly and blinks a few times. she goes to sit up and i lay her back down, "go back to sleep mi amor, i'm just going to make some breakfast for everyone. you don't need to come, sleep for a bit longer. i'll bring it to you." i reassure her. she lays back down and puts the covers back over her. i lean down and kiss her forehead then get up to make breakfast. once down there i see that no one was awake. i start getting to cooking.

i made pancakes for everyone and decided i should bring people theirs so they can have breakfast in bed today. i grab one of my big waitress trays that Eda stole from a restaurant one time and set all the plates of food on it. i walk up the stairs and decide to go to Hooty first. i walk up to his room and knock on his door. i hand one of the plates to him when he answers and thanks me. i then walk to Kings room and of course he didn't answer so i had to go into his room and give it to him. i open his door to his room. it was very dark in there and there was clothes and stuffed animals everywhere. he hated to admit it but he loved stuffed animals and had way more than you could count. i walk up to his bed and flick his head.

"ow!" he exclaimed sitting up right away.

"shh! everyone is asleep!" i whisper yelled to him, "here i made you breakfast, it's pancakes." i hand him one of the plates and he thanks me. i give him a nod and head out. next was Eda. there was no need to knock because i knew she wouldn't answer the door. i walk up to her bed and gave her a little shake awake.

"yeah yeah!" she said getting up, she looks over at me and then looked a bit surprised. "oh hey kid, what's up?"

"oh nothing i just made everyone some breakfast. i decided today can be a breakfast in bed type of day." i say to her handing her a plate.

"thank you kid, love you." she smiles as i go to walk out the door. i give her a smile and tell her i love her. i walk out and walked over to my room. i open the door to see the girl i left still in the same position sleeping away. i walk up to her and set the plates down on my bedside table. i put the tray against it to the side so no one can trip over it and walk over to Amity.

"Amity, wake up. i made you some food." i give her a little shake and she then sits up and rubs her eyes.

"good morning Luz." she tells me looking up at me. ah she's so cute! i bend over to her and give her a kiss on her forehead.

"good morning mi amor." i tell her. standing back up and grabbing her plate. i walk it over to her and hand it to her. she happily takes it and thanks me. i sit next her her and start eating.

"how did you sleep?" she asked looking over to me.

"it was great since there was you i could cuddle." i slyly say to her. her face becomes red and she mumbled 'shut up' and began eating again. i laugh and ask her how she slept.

"i slept good. i had a crazy dream about a dinosaur made out of real dinosaur chicken nuggets." she pondered her words looking at her plate contemplating. i laugh and call her cute.

"that's a crazy dream. i don't remember my dream anymore." i tell her and began eating. we had small talk and ate all of our food. i get up and grab the Blight's plate. "do you wanna take a shower?" i ask her about to leave and grab the others plates.

"yeah that would be great. could i borrow some of your clothes to wear?" she asked me.

"of course! let me just get all these plates situated and i'll bring them to you. you can lock the door and i can just unlock it with the key so no one walks in while you're showering." i tell her walking to the door. she agrees and stands up. my face becoming bright red. "don't forget to put your shirt on before you leave to go in there." i tell her looking away. in my peripheral vision i could see her face turn into a tomato.

"oh yeah sorry! i'll make sure to do that." she throws her sweatshirt on as fast as possible and then looked over at me. i gave her a thumbs up while the heat was still on my cheeks and walked out and down those stairs fast. then i facepalmed myself knowing fully well i just panicked and forgot all those plates the others had. i go and walk back up the stairs to go grab the plates i forgot. i walk to Eda's door and walk in. she was already back asleep and left her plate on the table. i pick up her plate and walk out closing the door softly behind me.

i walk to Kings room and he had the plate outside the door. i give out a sigh and pick it up. he's so weird sometimes. as i walk over to Hooty's room i walk past the bathroom and i hear the shower on. i was guessing it was Amity. i knock on Hooty's door and he answers, he thanks me for the food and hands back his plate. i go back down and wash the dishes.