twenty-seven

Luz p.o.v

as soon as i am far enough away from the apartment i started jumping up and down pumping my fists in the air "yes! yes! yeah!" i yell out overly excited that i just spent a whole weekend with the girl i met from a coffee shop. maybe King wasn't wrong after all.

i was so happy, my heart felt like it was going to explode. i made my way back to the owl house, a smile plastered on my face. once back to my house i open the door to see my whole family sitting at the couch watching tv. "how was it, kid?" Eda asked taking a drink of either apple blood or coffee from her coffee cup.

"amazing." is all i say, smile still plastered on my face. i walk and sit in between Hooty and Eda. i lightbulb goes off in my head as i remembered to text Amity when i got home.

me: hey sweetpea! just got home!

i got a text back almost right away.

mi amor 🥰: that's good! it was so great spending this weekend with you ❤️ tell your family thank you for letting me stay over.

me: it was great spending this weekend with you! i already can't wait to see you tomorrow ❤️ also i'll make sure to let them know

i look up to Eda, "Amity just wanted to say thank you for letting her stay over."

"it was no problem, tell her she's always welcome here." she said not taking her eyes off the tv.

me: Eda said it was no problem and you're always welcome here!

mi amor 🥰: you guys are the best.

this girl gave me so many butterflies. this weekend was more than a fever dream, it was a dream come true. i hold my phone up to my mouth and think. should i reply with something funny? something sweet? should i flirt with her? yeah, i'll flirt with her.

me: you're clearly the best 😉

mi amor 🥰: only to you. also i looked up what "mi amor" means.

me: and what do you think about it?

mi amor 🥰: i like it, but i didn't know you were in love with me 😘

my face turned red reading that.

me: now now don't go jumping to conclusions 😉

mi amor 🥰: i don't know, calling me your love seems pretty gay and in love to me 😂❤️

me: and what if it is true?

my bi panic is through the roof right now. why did i say that!

mi amor 🥰: then you don't know what you're getting yourself into 😂😉

me: i'll take my chances ❤️

mi amor 🥰: you're too nice to me 😘

i sent her a heart and told her i was going to take a shower. i put my phone in my pocket and told my family i was going to hop in the shower. i walk up to my room and open my door. i go to walk to my dresser and step on some clothes, i look down to see they were Amity's that she left here. i picked them up and set them on the end of my bed. i decided to text her about them after my shower.

i grab my clothes and walk to the bathroom. i take a shower and hop out. i dry off my hair and look in the mirror. i looked at my hair and wondered that i needed to cut my short parts of hair again, it was growing out pretty long. once i go back into my room and plop on my bed. and then i remembered, i didn't do all that homework like i said i was. i sigh and get up to walk over to my desk. i walk past Amity's clothes and remembered to text her. i take a photo and send them to her.

me: looks like you forgot something 😌 i guess that means you have to come back here tomorrow

mi amor 🥰: i guess so, i'll have to stop by after work and come get them

me: or i could bring them to you

mi amor 🥰: 🤦‍♀️

i get hit with a realization what she means and i felt stupid.

me: ohhh! never mind please stop by 😚

mi amor 🥰: that sounds like a deal 😂 how was your shower?

should i say it? fuck it.

me: it would've been better with you here

mi amor 🥰: shut up

me: awe you agree 😘

mi amor 🥰: i didn't say anything like that!

me: i can read your mind Blight ❤️

mi amor 🥰: well jokes on you because i'm going to sleep. get some rest soon, i'll text you once i wake up. goodnight love ❤️

my stomach was filled with butterflies.

me: goodnight mi amor 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

a smile was plastered on my face. i walked over to my desk and worked on schoolwork, once finished it was around one in the morning. i got up and stretched. i walked over to my bed and turned off my light. i got in bed and went to sleep, thinking about the girl at the coffee shop.