sixteen

Amity p.o.v

"i could say the same for you Noceda." i tell her as i start to feel heat rise to my cheeks. i walk over to the bed and Luz pats next to her. i crawl on to the bed and sit next to her pulling up the covers over my legs.

"i like you here." she whispers looking over to me. her chocolate eyes looking into me like she was almost craving something. not in a sexual way or anything but in a needing way.

"i like being here." i reassured her. her eyes grow softer and she looks down at her hands fidgeting. i put my hand to hers and hold one. i intertwined our fingers together and set my head on her shoulder. "talk to me. what's on your mind?" i comforted.

"i'm just gonna miss you. i feel like these past few days have been years, of course not in the bad way, but it'll just be more boring without you. having you here feels like constant serotonin and dopamine." she gives me a light squeeze on my hand. i heard her voice waver while speaking. i lift my head to look at her and she was looking the opposite way, towards the door.

"Luz? hey look at me." i soothed to her while reaching my other hand out to lightly get her to move her head to me. once i got her to at least look forward i noticed tears welling up in her eyes. "honey hey, don't cry. it'll be okay." i comforted her. i unraveled our hands from each other and moved. i sat in her lap and gave her a hug. Luz wraps her arms around me and gives me a tight hug back burrowing her head in my shoulder. i whisper reassuring words to her as i start to run my fingers through her short hair.

after about two minutes of holding her she loosened her grip. she pulls back from my shoulder and wipes away her tears. "i'm sorry Amity." she tells me looking somber.

"Luz it's okay. there is no reason to be sorry. you haven't done anything wrong." i grab both sides of her face wiping away the rest of the tears she missed.

"i'm happy i met you."

"me too." i whispered. i put my forehead against hers and we sat in a comfortable silence for a minute or so. once i pull away i ask her if she's alright. she gives a nod and thanks me. i give her a small smile. Luz grabs my hands and slowly puts them over her shoulders. she then wraps her arms around my waist. she looked hesitant, she presses her lips together and kept breaking eye contact. she takes a deep breath and takes one of her hands from my waist to bring it up to my face.

she reaches up to my chin and softly grabs it. i liked that she was always careful touching me, she was never forcibly grabbing me. she always took care on physically touching me, she always gave me the opportunity that if i wanted to pull away i could. i really liked that about her, she always gave me a sense of stability. her noticeably gentle eyes flickering between my eyes and lips. i lean into her touch and she leans forward to me. we lock lips, her hand going from my chin to back around my waist.

this girl gave me so much butterflies. something about her was amazing. and at this point i think it was everything about her. the way she treats me, the way she gets nervous with me, the way she's kind, the way she's carefree, the way she's sensitive, the way she's protective. all of it to me was absolutely perfect. my heart was racing, even though it was only seconds of kissing it felt like years. and of course in the good way. we break away for air and kiss again. i bring my hand up to her hair run my fingers through it. her hair was so soft and nice to touch.

when i ran my fingers through her hair she lightly tightened her grip around my waist. as much as it feels awkward to say it we were making out, and i get that i've only known her for a few days and that this is mostly likely going way too far. but i'm living in the moment. i've never gotten anything like this before, everything was always scheduled, but now i'm free from that for once in my life. i loved this moment.

we pull away from one another and i look in her eyes. butterflies swarm my stomach, this girl is gonna be the death of me. she reaches her arms around me and gives me a hug burying her face into my chest. i hug her back.

"thafk uoiiu fror bhing hherre." she muffles to me.

"what?" i ask her letting go from around her so she can look up and talk.

"thank you for being here." she smiles to me.

"i love being here." i smile back down to her, i play with her long pieces of hair. "your hair looks nice. strange, but nice." i tell her with a smirk.

"oh yeah? going soft on me Blight?" she slyly asks me.

"always." i giggle at her, i reach down and give her a kiss on her forehead. i hop off her lap and get down under the covers. i look up at her as she was still sitting up.

"want me to join you?"

"i mean that's up to you, do you want to sleep sitting up?" i mocked.

she gave me a shrug, "i don't know i kinda like this view from here. you look cute."

my face goes to bright red as i tug her down under the covers, she starts laughing and mocks me as i keep telling her to be quiet. once under the covers we were facing each other, "here move your head up." she requested me. i lift my head and she slides her arm under my head. i lay my head down against her arm. she wraps her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her. i wrap my arm around her and shift to be comfortable. after about three minutes just laying there and listening to her heartbeat i fell asleep.