Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Don't test my patience or..." he said, but I cut him off. "Or what? You want to kill me? Please... you can kill me if you wish! I am not scared. But you have to remember... if I'm dead... then no one can help you" I said. He stays silent, knowing what I said is true. I smirk at his reaction.

Heh... looks like the "God" can be ticked off

-Small Chat With Itachi-

Y/N P.O.V

What should I do? I've been trying to buy some time. There is no way I would help them create the tailed-beast. Pein told me what he's plan to do. By creating the tailed-beast, he's planning to create an illusion. One that is called Infinite Tsukuyomi. But that will be the same thing as apocalypse. I won't help him create that.

There's only one me and 10 of them. There is no way I will be able to fight them on my own. So the least I could do is to buy some time as I wait for Naruto to come. But he's taking SO long! What if Pein starts to get too annoyed, that he's just going to force me.

Naruto... where are you?

Naruto P.O.V

"Did you manage to track them yet, Sensei?!" I asked, getting impatient by the seconds. Kakashi-Sensei is kneeling on the ground as he talks with Paku.

I walk towards him and stand next to him. "Well?" I said. He shakes his head. "No... they've hidden their base well this time. Probably because of our last breakthrough. When we went to save Gaara..." he said. I let out a growl as I punch the tree, causing a deep dent to appear.

"Naruto... calm down! If you let anger get to you... the Nine-tailed will breakthrough and we will have another problem to solve!" Sakura said. I take a deep breath, knowing what she said is true. I can't let him take control. I need to focus... I need to save Y/N.

Y/N... where are you, baby?

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

Itachi comes to my room, giving me food like he always have. But this time he's acting a bit off. He looks troubled, as if he's worried about something. This makes me feel anxious, knowing he rarely shows any emotion. So to see him getting troubled that much... it would mean the trouble must be serious.

"What are you staring at me for? Eat..." he said. I just look at him, then turn my head towards the food. For some reason... looking at this food gives me an uneasy feelings.

I sneakily channel my chakra through the metal of the fork. Thankfully this goes unnoticed by Itachi. I dip the fork to the food and lift it up. My eyes widened when the steel of the fork turns color into green.

I stand up and turns to Itachi angrily. He looks up at me from his book. "What is it?" He said. "Don't act like you don't know... one of you poisoned this food! By the looks of it... you're trying to brainwashed me into helping you!" I said, glaring angrily at him. His eyes widened for a split seconds. "I don't know what you're talking about..." he said. "I have an ability to detect any type of poison. See this? This fork turns green! This tells me that this food contains poison. I'm kind of surprise you didn't notice me using my chakra..." I said, showing him the fork. He have an amused expression.

"What makes you think I don't know?" He said, with a stern expression. "What do you mean?" I said. "I let you detect it... so you don't eat it..." he said. "W-Wait... so you a-actually knows?" I said, looking at him wide-eyed. He just nods his head.

"Why? Why are you helping me?" I asked. "You mean everything to my brother, Y/N... I don't want you to get hurt... he would be devastated. I have taken everything from him... our parents... our clan... you're the only Uchiha aside from him... and you're all he have... he needs you... or he's going to lose himself..." he said. "W-Wait... d-does that m-mean... you've been helping me this WHOLE time?" I said. "I'm surprise you only notice now..." he said, chuckling softly.

I remember when I got into trouble once with Hidan. I don't remember much, but somehow I manage to get out of it.

Flashback

I'm laying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. When the door opens. I turn my head to see Hidan. I move and sit up, turning to face him.

"I'm starting to lose my patience. You're helping us even if I have to force you into it!" He said. "What are you going to do anyway?" I taunted, ticking him. "Why you-" he said.

He was about to lunge at me. Then the door opens to reveal Itachi. "Hidan... Deidara needs help with something..." he said. "I'm not his partner. Why don't he just asked Sasori?" Hidan said, looking at him in annoyance. "Sasori is talking with Pein for our next mission... you're the only one who's free" he said. "You're free too" Hidan said, raising an eyebrow at Itachi. "I'm in charge of watching over our guest here... you have no business to be here..." he said. Hidan just scoffed at what Itachi said. He turns to look at me one last time. Then he turns around and leave my cell.

End of Flashback

"Deidara doesn't really needs help, does he? You're just saying that so Hidan would leave me alone" I said. "Yeah... I've been here to take care of you each time a member of us tries to mess with you... I did that for my Sasuke... because he NEEDS you..." he said.

"You're not as bad as I thought you were... so why? Why did you killed Uchiha clan??" I said. "I don't have a choice, Y/N..." he said, looking down. I can see tears starts forming in his eyes. I frown at what he said.

"Everyone have a choice, Itachi-Nii..." I said. His eyes widened slightly. "You just called me brother..." he said, smiling slightly. I walk towards him and pull him into a hug. "Thank you for taking care of me... but won't you be in trouble?" I said. "Don't worry about me... I'll get you out of here... I promise... I'll find a way to alert Naruto about our location..." he said, hugging me back. I just lean my head against his chest.

Naruto... please hurry...

*to be continued*