Chapter 13

Kelly's POV:
I must of been in my own world focusing on Stella as I snapped back into reality when Casey placed his hand on my shoulder. I didn't even here the noise they made getting in and them shouting setting up triage. Some people were dead or dying, some injured that could move and some that couldn't.
Casey looked at me and shouted "BRETT, GABBY, get these two too med NOW!"
They both rushed over, made sure the table leg was secure and put her onto a stretch board. To what felt like years I was sat in the back, holding Stellas hand as Gabby fought to keep her alive.
G:"Brett how far out are we?"
B:"about 3 mins"
G:" HURRY WE ARE LOOSING HER, Kelly start compressions, she's bleeding internally"
I barely knew what was happening, my ears still rang but I did the compression the best I could.
K:"Come on Stella, i cant loose you"
We finally got to med and they rushed her into trauma bay and up to surgery. After she went i stood up against the wall and slide down putting my head in my hands. Everything ached liked hell but all I could think about was Stella, what if she doesn't pull through? I've known her two days but I feel like I've know her all my life. She's so precious and uptight she better put up a fight. She's already been through so much and after 2 days I couldn't imagine my life without her. After a few minutes I calmed down and looked up to see Casey, Hermin and boden coming in to the waiting room. I went and sat with them, they all tried to reassure me but I wasn't really listening.
B:"Kelly"
Nothing
C:" hey kelly"
K:"hmm yeah sorry"
B:"I think it's time you get checked out"
K:"No I'm fine"
H"I agree with chief"
C:"me too"
K:" Guys I'm fine" before I could even finish speaking Casey had gone and got will so he could check me out.
W:"Come on Kelly you were in the explosion too"
K:" I'm fine you should be focusing on Stella" I said raising my voice.
W:"hey look" he said as he put his hand on my shoulder as I was sat on a chair looking down "Stella is in surgery right now and there's nothing I or you can do to help, she's got the best surgeons but you need to be fit for when she wakes up"
I looked up and asked "will she wake up?"
W:"I don't know anything for certain but I've seen people in worse conditions in an explosion, after a tough recovery they pulled through"
K:"Fine I'll get checked out"
I walked into a room and sat on the end of the bed.
W:"anywhere hurt?"
K:"No I don't think so I don't feel anything"
W:" that's the adrenaline but I'd like to get your stomach an x-ray just to be sure and I'll get some one come clean your cuts on your face, no arguing" he walked out before I got the chance to talk back to him. Natalie came in and cleaned my face cuts and they took me to the room where they do x-rays. They x-rayed my stomach and told me wait in the room for my results so I sat on the end of the bed again.
Will came in shortly after and told me I had a bruised rib but nothing serious and I was going to be fine.
K:"thank you" I walked out as he smiled and nodded at me.
I sat back down with the boys, few hours later Marcel came in and told us about Stella.