Chapter 31

Trigger warning**

Kelly's POV:

I didn't think twice about jumping in after Stella. I wasn't letting her die, she's got so much life she has to live. I hope the ambulance hurry's up.

I dived into the water, the sun was only just coming up. It was a chilly night last night, I felt a wave of cold wash over my whole body. Stella wouldn't last long in here I thought to myself.
As I hit the water I stayed under searching for Stella. Blocking out my body already trying to shut down from the almost frozen lake.

Stellas POV:
After Kelly shouted my name, more guilt washed over me. I didn't even think I just jumped. I slightly heard "get here now" as I fell to the water letting everything go. I didn't fight the water as I sunk down, I held my breathe and then everything blacked out. Was I dead? Am I dying?

Kellys POV:
It took me a minute to find Stella as if was freezing, my body wouldn't work fast enough. Once I found her deep under the water, I pulled her out and onto this bit of land after slight difficulties.
I picked her up and carried her to and dry bit of land and lied her down. I placed her freezing body carefully down. I checked her pulse by feeling her neck with my two fingers, it was weak but still there. I looked over at her chest, which didn't rise like it did when I watched her sleep. I bent down underneath her nose. She wasn't breathing so I started CPR. After a few minutes she started chocking.
K:"okay okay there we go, just breathe" I kept reassuring her but her eyes rolled and she passed out.
K:"STAY WITH ME" I shouted.

The ambulance came as she passed out.
S: "what happened?"
K:" she, she jumped" I stutter out to her.
S:"You did good Kelly, if she pulls though it'll be thanks to you" she stated as she gave me a quick pat on the shoulder before attending to Stellas lifeless body.

Brett and Shay hooked her up to a few lines, put her on a stretcher as they wrapped her up in different things to try warm her up and then they loaded her up.

If felt like everything was moving so slow, but they were moving as quick as they could. I held Stella hand the whole way telling her she was going to be okay.
Once we got to Med she was rushed into surgery, I tried to go wish her but I was pushed into another room.

W:"that's nothing more you can do, you have to let me check you over" will explained to me.
K:"I don't care about me right now I only care about Stella" I said in a hurry.
W:"she had the best people working on her, let them help her"
K:"but but"
W:"no buts, when she wakes up she needs you to be as fit as you possibly can be, okay?"
K:"fine but hurry up and get to Stella"
W:"okay okay, change into these" he said passing me a tshirt and trousers.
I rolled my eyes as he left the room.

Once I got dressed her came in with a blanket and examined me.
W:"your good to go just keep warm, you were in the cold water for a long time look after yourself mate"
K:"will do thank you, now will you please go check on Stella for me" I said my with my voice cracking with fear.
W:"on it now, feel free rest in here until I come back"
I nodded as he went to get information on Stella.