Chapter 20

Trigger warning**

**Stellas flashbacks**
(L is for stellas brother)

There was a loud thud as I fell to the floor after being punched in the face. I groaned as I was kicked several times in the ribs.
L:"WHERE WERE YOU"
All I could do was groan.
L:" ANSWER ME YOU BITCH" he shouted as he kicked me in the ribs again.
S:"I was, was a at school" I managed to get the words out from the intense pain.
He kicked me one last time, harder in the ribs I lay curled up half in a ball with my eyes shut. I was scared of him when he was drunk and high, I was used to the beatings but I'm surprised I don't get beaten up for breathing wrong. I'm afraid he's going kill me one day. I lay there on the floor cowardly, I jumped as the door slam shut.

**Present time**
I must of fallen in the bathroom and I was brought back to reality as Kelly knocked on the door. Then memories from the explosion hit me, the pain of being flung across the donut shop with the chair leg sticking in me washed over me as if it was happening all over again.
K:Stella?"
I didn't respond I couldn't breathe, i tried  get out of the flashback. I lay on the floor curled up in a ball cowardly just like the times my brother hit me.
K:"I'm coming in, okay?"
I didn't want him too but at the same time I did. He walked in and stopped looking at me laying on the floor.

Kelly's POV:
I knocked on the bathroom door after hearing a thud coming from inside, I asked for Stella but she didn't answer and it sounded  like she was gasping for air. I walked in the bathroom and stopped in my tracks as I saw the girl I love laying on the floor, struggling to breathe. Her eyes were tight shut but I could still see the tears running down her face and I could tell she was petrified. I crouched down next to her and went to pull her into me but she jumped up and moved to other side of the room. She was fighting for air and shaking uncomfortable. I gave her a minute and then scooted over to her.