Chapter Nine

I heard it coming from my window.

It sounded like a little tap against the glass.

Tap, tap, and tap.

I opened one eye to see a shadowy figure standing outside my window. I quickly open both eyes to see him tap three more times. Jacob. I got out of bed and went to open my bedroom window.

"What are you doing? I was sleeping, and you scared the hell out of me." I said harshly.

"Good morning to you too," Jacob replied with sarcasm as he started to climb through the window. I stepped back a bit to move out of the way of him jumping through my bedroom window.

"Oh please, yes, come on in," I said while returning the sarcasm.

I gestured for Jacob to walk in front of me. Jacob was entirely through my bedroom window as I stood staring at him, confused. Jacob walked past my dresser and made his way around my room. He quietly looked around at all the pictures that hung on my walls. He stopped in front of an image of Jessica and me from 2 years back.

"What are you doing, Jacob?" I questioned.

"Right! So how are you this morning?" He replied quickly.

"You came barreling through my window at 7 am to see how I am doing? Gee. How thoughtful of you," I replied with attitude.

Jacob looked at me and smirked before sitting in my spinning desk chair. He spun around a few times before picking up a fluffy pink pen off my desk.

"So, are you going to the dance tonight?" He asked as I continued to stand by the window, uncertain of what to say.

Jacob put the pen back on the desk and got up off the chair before lying down on my bed. He spread his arms out aside him, fluffing my multiple pillows with his hands.

"Got enough of these?" he asked while gesturing at a pillow before throwing one in my direction.

"Shut up, I like pillows. And no, I'm not, those dances are lame." I said while picking the pillow off the ground. I have never gone to one of those dances, so I was just guessing.

"Come somewhere with me tonight?" he said, interested.

I looked at him while raising my eyebrows.

"I can't. Movie night with Jess."

He looked at me from my bed. "After?" He asked, staring at me with puppy eyes.

I paused while thinking about my response.

"Fine, but don't be barreling through my window anymore. It is weird"

Jacob swung his legs to the right side of the bed before getting up. He walked over to the window and climbed out.

"See you at school," he said as I shut the window behind him.

I sat on my bed and glanced over to my alarm clock that sat on my night table. Not much time had passed by as it was only 7:15 am. Might as well get up, shower and get ready for school.

I was standing at my locker when the PA system came on.

"GOOD MORNING WEST CADWELL. HAPPY FRIDAY!! NEXT WEEK IS GRADUATION. IF YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT YOUR GRAD TICKETS YET COME TO SEE US AT THE STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICE. FRIENDLY REMINDER, END OF THE YEAR DANCE IS TONIGHT. TICKETS ARE $7.00 OR $10.00 AT THE DOOR. HAVE A HAPPY DAY EVERYONE"

I emptied my knapsack into my locker.

"Didn't like my entry this morning, Harrison?" I heard his voice come from behind my locker door. My heart started to race.