Chapter 27

Luna's POV

I got back into my office after handing over this month's sales report to Dylan. As I sat in my swivel chair, i heard my phone rang and answered the call from an unknown number.

"Hello? This is Luna Suarez, how may I help you?" I said through the phone

"Oh, glad I got the right number. Yes, this is Dylan's mother" She paused "I'd like to ask you if you have free time right now? I want to talk with you privately"

"I still have work miss. I'm afraid I have to decline." I said as I was about to put my phone down

"You might have to rethink that sweetheart, I have something you might want to hear" she said and chuckled "I'll text you the address, i'll be waiting"

She ended the call and suddenly my phone rang and the address she sent pop-up.

I guess I don't have a choice?

I picked up my bag and put my phone inside. I rushed out of my office and walked towards the cafe two blocks from the company. 

I watched her sit by the window, in her elegant yet simple dress. Her tall figure showing even if she's just sitting down. She slowly took a sip from her cup of tea and gently settled it down. She turned her head and our eyes met and she sweetly smiled.

While I was walking towards her, a woman stood in front of her table and handed out a pen and a piece of paper.

"Hi, Miss Lillian, I've been your fan ever since I was a little kid. I've watched all the movies you were in and all the variety shows. Can I get a picture and your autograph?" She excitedly asks

"Why not, should I stand up for the picture?" she arranged herself and stood up. Her tall figure shadowing the woman in front of her. "Let's ask somebody to take the picture"

Her gaze locked on me, and she smiled 

"Hey Luna, can you take a picture for us?" She asked me and I walked over to grab the phone from the fan's hands "One two three, cheese"

"Another one please" Dylan's mother smirked

"One two three, cheese" And I handed the phone back to the fan. She left us alone and we sat down.

"I'm glad you came Luna" She said and handed me the menu "Please, order anything you want"

A waitress came up to us and smiled

"What would you like today ma'am?" She asked me politely

"I'll just have brewed coffee with a little sugar thank you" I said and she walked away "What did you want to talk about Miss Lillian?"

I asked her directly. There's no point of being scared now.

"Let's not cut to the chase, okay?" She said and sipped from her tea "I just wanted to casually talk to my son's fiance" 

"Ma'am I still have work, so if you don't have anything to say, then I'm afraid I'm gonna have to leave" I said and stood up

"Okay sit down" She said in a firm voice.

She took something out from her bag and it was a pen recorder. I stared at it for a good time before touching it

"You might want to hear this" She said "But listen to it when you're alone. Now I wanted to talk to you about something else."

She grabbed an envelope from her purse and handed it over to me

"I want you to break up with my son" She said "Break up with my son, and you'll have this"

I grabbed the envelope and was shocked by the amount of money inside 

"What are you trying to do here?" I asked her "I am engaged with your son"

"You want the company that bad?" Her voice slowly rose but she composed herself "I don't want low-life like you to suck all the company's funds. You started with my husband, now my son? Just how long do you plan to be a leech?"

"Ma'am, that's offensive" I answered back "I did not ask for your husband to take care of me, I was very thankful that he did but I did not ask for anything. He clothed, sheltered and fed me since. Even when he had nothing before, he took me in. I love Dylan, I'm not after any money, or the company. I just wanted to support him, doing the things he love instead of being bossed around by you"

Oh shit

"I think you've said enough." She said and grabbed the envelope back "I need you to rethink your decision after you've heard the record."

"I'm firm" I answered "Unless Dylan wants it, I'm never breaking up with him"

"Fine then" she said and stood up "I'll leave you to it. I need my answer by the end of the week Miss Luna Suarez"

I was left alone at the coffee shop and stared at the pen recorder at the table. Debating whether I should leave it here, or grab it and listen to it when I'm home.

In the end, I chose the latter.

I went back in to the office and my phone rang again. 

Kylaloo

"Hey, you there?" He asked right after I pick up

"Oh my God Kyle!" I said "Where are you right now?"

"Uh, about that. I'm actually at the airport" He said

"You're really leaving me?! Wait right there" I said and stood up and went outside the office.

"Wait, I--" I did not let him finish. I hung up the call and hailed a cab. I went to the airport and there I saw him with no luggage.

Wait, no luggage?

"Wow, you're really here" He said and awkwardly brushed his hair with his hands "You didn't even let me finish what I was about to say"

"What were you about to say huh? That you're going abroad?! That you're leaving me for good?" I said and cried "You can't do this to me Kyle. You know that I hate people leaving me"

"Wait you need to calm the fuck down" He said and pushed me a little

"How do I calm down when you're about to leave?!" I said and cried hysterically

"Who said I'm here because I'll go abroad?" He said "I'm just here to send off my grandma to Canada you dumdum"

"Wait, so you're not leaving?" I asked "But why did you call me?"

"I- about that" He paused and stared at his hands "I want to take you out on our first and last date?"

"A date?" I asked him "We had a lot of dates before"

"No. I meant, our first and last date after my confession" He said "And if you're not gonna be awkward about it"

"Oh" I blurted "I guess it's fine. I'd have to ask Dyl--"

"No, don't ask permission from him. And I swear I'm not going to talk about my feelings" He said "I just wanted us to have a good time together. Like the old times?"

"Sure, we can Kyle" I answered "Just promise me you're not gonna leave me"

"I won't but we'll probably have lesser interactions" He said "I respect Dylan, I respect your relationship"

I smiled at him and opened my arms wide

"Want a hug?" I said and gestured for him to come hug me

He nodded and walked towards me and hugged me tight. His arms encircling my waist, my hands encircled around his neck. We stayed like that for awhile before we broke apart.

Third Person POV

While Luna and Kyle was hugging each other, an unknown man in a black hoodie and a mask and sunglasses, pointed his camera towards Kyle and Luna and took pictures. The unknown man smiled and scrolled through the pictures he took.

"These pics will make me rich" He snickered and left.