Chapter 23

Luna's POV

Ever since that encounter with his mom, I haven't been able to sleep properly at all. I did think that Dylan and I were on different levels but I did not pay attention to it that much not until his mother came and put me back in my place.

Is love even enough to close the gaps between us? 

The next week, we were both so busy that we didn't had time to talk over about what happened and apparently we both forgot about it too. Despite the busy schedule, Dylan manages to find time to talk to me, or to take me out on dates. 

We were so busy preparing for the Annual Investment Meeting, where a lot of important people will be present. Dylan is also preparing for his speech and his presentation, our team is busy with the production planning and revising the presentation which Dylan will discuss about. 

Investors who's already invested in our company, Investors who are interested in investing, VIP people, celebrities, and branch managers of the top 10 restaurants our company launched will be coming over in 2 weeks. And in 2 weeks, we have to prepare everything.

Though most of the important parts were already covered, Dylan wanted to make sure everything was perfect. On top of that, he instructed us that he doesn't care about his presentation cause he will make it seem like it's perfect, he just wanted us to focus on the comfort of the people coming. 

His genuine concern on his visitors touched my team and I'm surprised nobody's slacking off. A good boss is indeed a good leader.

"I think changing the color of theme from gray and white to blue and white would be better" Kyle suggested to me when we were in a restaurant to take a lunch break

"Do you think so?" I asked while everybody continued eating

I really did not want to talk about work while eating but time is of the essence and we only have 4 days left.

"Yes, I think it's more presentable and welcoming" My other co-worker said

"Well I do think so too, since gray and white can come off as stoic and strict" I answered "Let's go with Kyle's suggestion. I'll write up the report and pass it to the design team"

Everybody nodded and continued to eat. Soon after, we were back at the company and back to work as always.

4 days had passed by and it's finally time for the Annual Investment Meeting which is held inside the company. In the span of 4 days, I haven't been able to talk much with Dylan.

I also haven't been able to update on him. So before the actual event, I visited him at his office.

"Hi" I casually said and entered his office and walked towards his table "How's my boyfriend doing?"

He smiled and blushed then grabbed my hand to sit on his lap.

"H-hey, this is embarrassing" I said "Can't I just get another chair?"

"Nah, it's better this way" Dylan said and laughed "Besides, you're my girlfriend"

"But still" I said "Fine"

He grabbed his report from the table and recited his line 

"This meeting is not only to attract investors from all over the country, but for us to build connections with other people" Dylan sounded so serious while reciting while I was still in his lap, reading with him silently.

"No, I think you should smile more when giving this speech" I advised him "I mean, the speech itself is great but it sounded like you were giving a report"