Chapter 7

Luna's POV

My shift's almost over and I check my phone to see if there are any new messages. 

None.

I still haven't visited Chairman Ryu today but he said that he's not going to accept any visitors as of today because of some unknown reasons which he will obviously not tell me. I looked at my team and even in the last minute, they're all working hard, some are calling clients that wants to open a branch, some are writing reports and some are preparing stuff for the board meeting that's going to happen soon.

I looked at the clock and it indicates that it's already 8pm and it's time to go home, so Kyle stood up from his seat and stretched his arms

"TL!" Kyle called 
(TL= Team Leader)

I just looked at him and raised my brows

"Since it's the first day of the new CEO, why don't we invite him and go to a team dinner!" He said

"Oh yeaaah, it's been a while" Faye said

"Let's go to that famous grilling pub that newly opened downtown" another one chimed in

"What do you say?" Kyle asked 

"Sure, let's go" I said, but then they all looked at me with curious faces "What?"

"You go talk to the CEO" Faye said "He might not listen to us"

'Oh no, oh hell no' 

"What makes you think he'll agree with me?" I asked 

They still don't know the CEO's rude manners and how he treats people.

"It'd be awkward for us to come invite him when he doesn't know us" Kyle said "Besides, you already introduced yourself to him"

I guess I got no choice then.

"Alright, I'll go talk to him" I said. I picked up my things, and stood up to go to the CEO's office.

While walking down the hallway, I can see that there are almost no people in the office and I think it's the same case for the whole building. I can only see few people who are working overtime, the security guards and the janitors that are strolling about this floor and working. 

When I almost reached his office, I noticed that his secretary is still there, and she looks tired so I went up to her.

"Long day?" I asked her

"You bet" She answered "He's in"

I walked towards his office door and knocked on it three times

"CEO Ryu?" I asked before entering.

I noticed that he had put on reading glasses and looking at the files I gave him earlier. I can see that his eyebrows are furrowed. From this view, he looks so good and mature.

But he's got rude manners.

Since I didn't receive any gesture that he wants me to come in, I talked to him first.

I cleared my throat before talking to him. The ambience, the atmosphere and the mood of this room is making me nervous.

"The Executive Department asks if you want to come with us to a team dinner" I said, he slowly tilted his head to look at me "You know, since it's your first day. They thought it'd be a good idea to welcome you"

He suddenly slammed his hand on the table and I flinched. 

I flinched real hard.

I don't know why he got so angry, or why he is acting this way when I just wanted to welcome him and celebrate having a new CEO.