Chapter 12

Luna's POV

There weren't many visitors as I thought. It's because we kept it private. It would be too much hassle if the reporters come here too.

We left the company to a reliable friend of Dylan who's family is a close friend of Chairman Ryu.

It went on like this for seven days. It was hard for both of us to manage the visitors but they gave us company and comfort. 

It's the nights that are the hardest. With no one around to keep our fake smiling faces, we just both break down in our little spaces. We didn't really talk much with each other but on the 7th night he actually walked towards me while I was crying.

"Hey, let's drink" He said and he grabbed my hand and made me sit on a table

"S-sir" I said

"Call me Dylan, we're not at work" He answered

He grabbed two bottles of beer and some leftover chicken earlier from the fridge.

"I hope you don't mind that the chicken's cold" He chuckled

He joked but his eyes does not seem happy at all

He opened the beer bottle for me and he also opened his. 

I didn't know what to say so I kept quiet while I slowly drank my bottle of beer.

"You okay?" He asked "Now that I think about it, you might've felt more pain than I did. You spent most of your time with him, and now he's gone so suddenly"

"S-sir, no, Dylan, you've got every right to be sad and be mad about it" I answered "You loved your father so much but you've been stripped of the time to make memories with him. All his life, he was waiting for you, he's been talking about you ever since I was a kid. He always brag about you, he's updated about you and your life"

He took a big gulp from his bottle and slightly smashed his bottle a bit hard on the table and it made me flinch.

"I wish I was in your place back then" He said now with tears forming in his eyes "I'm regretting the time I spent working rather than seeing him. After I came here, I only met him once in the hospital. We talked about a lot of things, and how was his life here. He also talked about you, and how you kept him company for years. I was rude to you back then cause I was jealous and because of that I never visited him again till that moment"

That's why he was so rude to me at first.

He's now crying in front of me.

There it is, the vulnerable side of him.

A child.

"I lost my father without even saying goodbye, without saying things I wanted to say like I miss you, I love you. I regret it so much" He said "Cause I thought he forgot about me while raising you. But now that I've heard he's been keeping me in his heart and memory, i'm torn, I'm so stupid."

He finished his bottle of beer and opened another and took a big gulp from it.

"H-hey slow down!" I said while I tried to yank his hand away 

"I'm so sorry pa" He said 

He's now drunk

"I'm so sorry" He stood up and he went to the casket and I stood there with him

My heart now hurts so bad, and the tears that I was holding back earlier burst out.

I was looking at the Chairman's pale face when Dylan talked

"Why does he look like this?" He said "He's not handsome at all"

With tears on his eyes, he chuckled