Chapter 24

Dylan's POV

I purposefully avoided Luna over the past few weeks. I felt like I was pressured by my mother. If I didn't court Luna that time, I know my mother will come in between us.

And she definitely will.

I know her.

I noticed Luna's shocked expression as I asked her the words "Will you marry me?"

I could not find any satisfaction in her face at all. She just looks so surprised and can't believe what's going on. 

Is this too much pressure on her? Was I too straightforward?

"Haha, it looks like my girlfriend is yet to process my question" I jokingly said to the crowd and they laughed with me. I looked at Luna again and she had a smiling face with tears on her eyes

I never thought I'd see this expression from her. Her tears were glistening through her cheeks, her smile so sweet and her eyes glimmering with light as tears kept falling down.

Now I'm the one who's surprised. She keeps surprising me with her beauty that my heart just can't stop running around.

"Yes" She said as she held out her hand to me while crying. 

I can hear the audience clapping and standing up while shouting and hooting. I can hear faint congratulations and everybody was just genuinely happy. 

I never once expected for her to say yes. Though I also did not expect for her to reject me. That's why it made me feel so nervous. 

I opened the box and took the ring from it. I slid the ring on her ring finger and she held it up for the audience to see.

"God knows how much I love you" I said and she looked at me with a smile while her tears still falling slowly on her cheeks. 

I love you Luna, I love you so much.

Luna's POV

I did not once expect to be courted in front of a lot of people. I thought that Dylan was the type to make things like these private. Though it is in one of my fantasies, I did not think that Dylan would actually go through with it.

Especially that a lot of people are waiting to take him down.

Including his own mother

But did I really answer him out of love or out of pressure?

I was astounded by the crowd's cheers and as Dylan held my hand with the finger on, he kissed it and raised it for everybody to see.

"Now you're officially my woman" Dylan said as he kissed me in the cheek. We both went down the stage and into the table where Dylan's mother and the board directors sat on.

"Wow, that was a one of the confessions I'd be too scared to say in my life" The emcee started. "The food will be served in a minute our lovely guests, so enjoy the rest of the night"

I turned to look at the powerful people in our table. Dylan's mother was eyeing me, her gaze drilling a hole in my head. I turned to look at her but she smiled at me, the sweetest smile you'll ever see that I for once thought she did not hate me.

But she does hate me.

A lot

And I don't know what her reaction was after hearing Dylan's confession and proposal on the stage.

"Why didn't you tell me Dylan that you were planning to propose to her today?" His mother asked him with a sweet smile

"I wanted to surprise you mother" Dylan smiled while answering though I did sense some pressure when he said surprise