Chapter 25

Luna's POV

"What are you talking about Kyle?" I asked him and took a step backwards "Y-you? L-love?"

"I said what I said" He said and he looked down "Don't make me repeat that again"

"B-but how?" I asked confused "I mean why?"

"Is there really a need for a reason why I love you?" He asked and he took a step forward while I took a step backward "I won't interfere with your life anymore"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked as I took one more step backward

"See? You feel so distant now" He said "I don't think I can keep seeing you everyday wearing that ring"

I held my hand up and stared at the ring before I put it back down

"But how about work? You still can see me at work right? I can still talk to you right?" I said 

"No, I'll quit" He answered "I'll quit and I won't ever have to see you again"

"Kyle, why are you being like this? Don't l-leave me" I said and took a step backwards

"You say that but you're keeping your distance" He scoffed "Don't say things such as that if you can't take responsibility"

"You're being so mean to me right now, do you know that?" My tears started falling "How can you leave me like my parents did"

"Luna...." He paused and fell silent 

"Fine" I said "Go, and don't let me see you again!" 

I walked away from the rooftop not even looking back at Kyle

Why does he have to say he loves me and leave me?

I went into the comfort room and washed my face. 

"Am I really confused?" I asked the reflection in my mirror 

I looked at the ring in my hand

"What am I really feeling?" I asked 

I went outside of the comfort room after staying in there for a good 20 minutes and to my surprise Dylan was outside.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked 

"I just came to pick my lady up" He said "Let's go on a date"

"A d-date?!" I shouted all of a sudden "Oh sorry, I'm not sure though. I don't really feel fine"

"Do you feel sick?" He asked, worry stretched across his handsome face "Do you want me to buy medicine? Send you to the hospital? Carry you on my back?"

"No, there's no need." I answered "Instead can you take me home? Let's just stay at my house"

He fell silent and his hand dropped to his side

"What?" I asked

"Y-your house" He stuttered "Y-your h-house?"

I can see his ears turning to beet red and his eyes cannot meet mine

"Why? You don't want to?" I asked jokingly "That's fine"

He quickly grabbed my hand and smiled

"Let's go" He said

Kyle's POV

*30 minutes earlier at the rooftop after Luna walked away*

I shouldn't have told her!! That way I could keep seeing her

I plopped down and ran my fingers through my hair

Fucking stupid!

"Why are you down like that?" Somebody asked

I immediately stood up after I saw Dylan beside me

"N-nothing sir" I answered 

"No need for formalities" He answered "We're alone here"

"Y-yes sir" I answered "I mean yeah"

"Actually..." He paused "I overheard your confession earlier"

I fell silent and walked towards the rail of the rooftop

"You don't have to be so indifferent towards me" Dylan continued "You love Luna and that's fine. I'm glad to know a lot of people care about Luna"

I looked at him with confused eyes

"You're okay with that?" I asked

"Yes, as long as you know she's my woman" He said and smiled "Just don't cross the line"

"Yeah I thought so" I answered "I'll be quitting tomorrow. I'll hand in my resignation letter"

"You can only quit under one condition" He said sternly "You will still be available anytime I'll contact you"

"W-why? Why do you need to call me?" I asked "Is there a need for you to call me?"

"You don't want that? You can't quit then" He said and was about to walk away

I grabbed his arm and answered

"Fine" I said

"Good then" He said and brushed my hand away "I'll be off. I'll talk to you tomorrow again"

"Is that it?" I asked "That's it? You're not gonna get mad?"

"I won't" Dylan said "I know Luna loves me"

"Ah" Was all I could think of to say

Right, Luna doesn't need me anymore.

"T-then congratulations on your successful courting" I said 

"Thanks" And he went off and down the stairs

Luna only has eyes for you and you only. I'm only a supporting character

And I'll accept the fact that....

Luna will never be mine

Dylan's POV

"Thanks" I said to Kyle as I went my way to look for Luna

I'm still unsure of Luna's feelings towards me. I just drew a line between me and Kyle so he won't take Luna away from me.

To be honest, I'm scared and I'm not confident that Luna will choose me so I had to put Kyle in his place.

"Have you seen Luna?" I asked my secretary when we crossed paths

"Oh yes sir, I think she went into the ladies cr on this floor" She answered and she bowed at me

I walked towards the comfort room and I waited for Luna to come out. When she came out, I noticed her bloodshot eyes and her red ears. The hair on the front is wet, she just washed her face.

I asked her to go on a date but she refused and said it'd be better for us to stay in her house for the night.

And honestly, I forgot about everything I heard earlier. The anxiety that was about to attack dispersed into thin air when Luna smiled at me. 

We had dinner at her house and we watched a movie while drinking wine. She fell asleep at my shoulders and I stopped the movie

"I love you Luna" I whispered into her ears.

I slowly removed her head from my shoulders and I carried her bridal style into her room and laid her down on her bed. I carefully placed her head on top of the pillow and covered her body with a blanket

I looked at her face for a little while, appreciating her beauty. Her long eyelashes, her medium thick brows and her plump cheeks. 

My eyes moved down to her lips slightly opened and I sat beside her bed. I caressed her hair and her cheek and smiled

"I still can't believe you're mine" I whispered into her ears and I kissed her forehead.

Unsatisfied, I went in for a peck on her lips and I can't help but feel all the butterflies inside my stomach.

It sounds gay, but it's just what I feel.

I touched her soft, delicate lips with my fingers and removed the hair covering her face.

"I love you Luna"