Chapter 24

Chapter 24

CASTLE'S POV

My blood was racing and my heart was pulsing faster than I could even process as I pulled Beckett on to my lap. Each time I kissed her it felt like my first, and no matter how many times this happened, it wouldn't ever be enough.

Her hands went from cupping my face to trailing down my arms, squeezing my bicep as she pressed herself against me. I tangled my hands in her curly brown hair, trying to get myself as close to her as I possibly could.

Beckett moaned against my mouth, pressing her hands on my chest and pushing me down into the sand. She climbed on top of me and hovered above my midsection, placing a knee on either side of my legs.

I was having flashbacks to the party a couple weeks ago, when she spun the bottle and I watched it as the nose slowly came to a stop, pointing straight at me. When Beckett had suddenly gained this burst of confidence and kissed me so hard I started seeing stars. When I dragged her into the back room and returned the favor, but decided to add my own little evil twist. When I was too scared to admit that she had made me feel different than any other woman I've ever kissed and that scared the fuck out of me.

"Shit," I muttered as Beckett ground her crotch against mine and lifted my shirt up, letting her hands roam my burning skin. She dipped her head down to my neck, sprinkling a necklace of soft kisses against my collarbone.

I arched my back under her and growled, grabbing her waist and flipping us over. Beckett gasped, but I swallowed it with a simple swift kiss to her swollen pink lips.

My hands had traveled to her hips, tugging at the bottom of her shirt, when a thin white streak of light traveled across the sky, followed by a loud clap of thunder.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against hers, trying to contain my beating heart and quick breaths.

"We should really get going," Beckett suggested, but then placed her lips on my jawline, sucking harshly as if she was trying to intentionally leave a mark.

"Don't," I strained. "Don't do that." I tensed up and pulled away, brushing the sand off my clothes and shaking it out of my hair. I looked down to the ground where Beckett was still sitting, running a hand through her tangled hair.

I held a hand out to her and she looked up at me with a small smile. She placed her hand in mine and I hoisted her up, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her against me.

"We can't keep doing this, Rick." She whispered, and I cringed at the sound of my first name on her lips.

"Don't call me that." I said, finding her hands and grasping it tightly, loving how tenderly and gently she wrapped her fingers around mine.

She laughed quietly and looked up at me, biting her lip. "How the tables have turned," She whispered.

More thunder and lightning erupted from the sky, as well as drops of water landing on our skin. We both looked up at the grey sky, watching as light danced straight through our vision, the claps of thunder like music to our ears.

"Last one to the car is a loser," I challenged, quirking an eyebrow at her.

She stood on her tiptoes and presses her lips to my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. "Then you should be ready to lose," She muttered, swiping a kiss across my cheek before turning around and sprinting to the car, a bounce in her step.

I stood by myself, stunned, wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into.

************