Chapter 3

Chapter 3

BECKETT'S POV

I walked into my political science class, expecting to see the girls in pleated skirts and the boys in suits, but instead I just saw a bunch of regular-looking college kids. Some were staring down at their desks, some were anxiously picking at their nails and others were nervously looking around the classroom with first-day-of-college anticipation.

I immediately noticed the barista from the coffee shop I had just went to, Kevin. I internally sighed hoping that he wasn't obnoxious or bratty. He was sitting next to a muscular Hispanic boy with his hair closely shaven to his head. They were talking to each other quietly, smirking at I assume were other students that they were making fun of.

Since there was no teacher in the classroom I just assumed that we could sit anywhere we like so I plopped my stuff down by a perky redhead who was stunning and seemed like a fun person. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Hi!" She said happily. "I'm Meredith!" I'm not sure why she was so happy, I mean... It's school. I didn't particularly dislike school, but it's nothing to be this over enthusiastic about. But I went along with it anyway. "Hi, I'm Kate," I greeted, crossing my arms and setting them on the table in front of me. I craned my neck sideways to look at her, some strands of my golden-brown hair falling into my face.

She tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a voice coming from the front of the classroom.

"Attention class!" The voice belonged to a woman who looked around 45 years old. Her chocolate colored skin contrasting with her tight white dress was the first thing I noticed about her. And then I noticed the glare she was sending each of us, as if we were a room full of troublemaking delinquents. "I'm Professor Gates and I expect each and every one of you to be exceptionally talented students since you have chosen to enroll into this class."

I nervously bit my nails as she lectured, a habit from my childhood which I have yet to break. If I have to last an entire year with this woman, I don't know if I'll be able to survive. She looks like she was the type of person to handcuff your hands to a table of you were goofing off.

Just as I was thinking this, I heard two loud bursts of laughter coming from the back of the classroom, and suddenly everyone grew silent. We all turned around to see Kevin and his friend with smirks on their rude little faces, not even having payed any attention to all 30 kids staring at them.

"Ahem!" Professor Gates cleared her throat, causing both of their necks to snap up from their lowered positions. "I will NOT have you two doing whatever you please in my classroom. You will do what I say when I say and how I say? Am I making myself clear." She asked angrily.

"They both nodded, crossing their arms over their chests, scowls set deep into their faces. I could already tell this was going to be an interesting year.

---

The first day of school was over and I have to say, it was absolutely perfect. I walked out of the locker room after the last bell with my gym bag in my hand, beaming confidently. The day had been amazing and everything went exactly as planned. I had all of my things organized in my bag neatly, color-coded by class, and most of my professors seemed tolerable.

Lanie and I were able to sit next to each other in Criminal Justice, and Maddie and I met up for lunch by the fountain, just deciding to eat there and get to know each other. I found out that her parents owned a restaurant somewhere in town and that she was just living at home instead of in a dorm room.

"Becks, wait up!" I heard Maddie yell from the locker room, still messily shoving things into her gym bag. Today was easy and we just did a few stretches and beginners poses. Our teacher explained to us that as the year progressed, the workout would start becoming more advanced. But even though it was easy, the room was as hot as hell, so I am currently covered in a thin layer of sweat. I had pulled my hair back into a tight ponytail in the back of my head and I was starting to grow uncomfortable, standing in the middle of the hallway in my sports bra and tight yoga pants.

"Hurry!" I called out to Maddie, just as she emerged from the locker room. We headed out of the athletics building, discussing our classes, and the teachers and students in them when a few boys coming out from their locker room started whistling and making catcalls at us. I rolled my eyes, desperately wanting to get back into my regular clothes, even if I was sweating profusely.

"Ignore them. They're just hormonal teenage boys with nothing better to do than commit sexual harassment." Maddie said, turning towards the student parking lot. I nodded and awkwardly looked out at all of the different students, leaving to go back to wherever they came from.

When we had finally made it to my car, Maddie and I exchanged phone numbers, hugged and then parted ways. I hopped into my car, thankful to get away from everyone's stares.

As I drove home I wondered what the rest of the year would be like. Would it be boring, eventful or just simple and fun? Would I make any other new friends or even start dating someone? I bit my lip, thinking of all the possible people there were that I could date. My parents would probably not accept anyone on account that no boy is good enough for me, but I probably wouldn't care. That lead me to think of other possibilities. Would I go to raving parties, make friends with seniors or even get drunk?

Well, I have all year to find out.

-

A/N

AHHHHH SO MANY THINGS ARE GOING ON IN MY LIFE BUT ITS OKAY BC THIS CHAPTER IS UP JUST REMEMBER ILY

ALSO THE 5SOS ALBUM IS OUT SO IM PRETTY PSYCHED ABOUT THAT EXCEPT I LIVE IN AMERICA AWE

Question of The Chapter: Do you play any sports?⚽️🏈⚾️🎾🏀