Chapter 13

Chapter 13

BECKETT'S POV

Josh led me to the group of people and walked back to where he was sitting. Maddie and Meredith gestured for me to sit between them but I had no idea how to sit in this damn dress without flashing everyone here. I took large swig from my cup and plopped down on the floor.

Even though there wasn't that much alcohol in my system, I felt warm and fuzzy inside, like I had wrapped myself in a bundle of blankets that had just come out of the dryer. I tipped the cup back and downed the rest of the drink because honestly, I liked it.

"Kate," Josh said, getting my attention. "This is Maddie, and Meredith who you obviously already know." He pointed to my two friends. Next he pointed to a nice-looking blonde girl with a bright blue dress that brought out her eyes.

"That's Jenny."

Next was a girl with pink hair, tattoos, and a lot of piercings. She looked intimidating, but when she smiled that all flew out the window. She had dimples as deep as the ocean and a natural blush showing a bit of shyness.

"That's Rebecca."

Then he pointed to a boy that I actually already knew, and my heart stopped.

"That's Javier, but we just call him Espo."

I didn't want to look to Espo's right because I knew very well who would be sitting next to him, but I did it anyways. My eyes were met with a pair of blue ones that had recently always been on my mind, and a smirk that never left his face.

"That's Castle." Josh's smile fell as he pointed to Castle, making it obvious he wasn't sure why he was here, and that he didn't like it one bit.

"And that's Kevin, but we call him Ryan." Josh finished, but I was too busy staring at Castle with my mouth slightly parted to even glance over at the boy next to him.

Finally, Castle's eyes darted away from me and I quickly grabbed the drink out of Meredith's hand, knowing that if I was gonna stay here, that I was gonna have to be drunk. I raised the cup in the air and then brought it to my lips, gulping the drink until it was completely gone.

"Shit," I whispered, running a hand through my hair. The feeling of all this alcohol was making me lose all of my better judgement, and I was beginning to feel a bit lightheaded, but I didn't even care anymore.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Josh said, with a one-sided smile. He spun the bottle and it landed on Rebecca, who giggled lightly before crawling over to Josh and pecking him lightly on the lips.

"Hell no!" Ryan yelled, crossing his arms. "That's not how we play it at this school. You gotta stay there for at least ten seconds, or it doesn't count." Rebecca shrugged and crawled back over to Josh, climbing on to his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck. She smashed her lips on to his and I cringed at the sounds they were making. I turned and grabbed another cup of vodka from a stranger I didn't even know, and downed it in less time than it took for Rebecca to finish her session with Josh. After 10 seconds, she climbed off and returned to her spot, looking unmoved, but Josh on the other hand looked completely shocked.

"O-okay then," he stuttered and everyone, excluding Castle, laughed. "Your turn, Jenny."

Jenny leaned over and gently spun the bottle, biting her lip nervously until it stopped on Ryan. She looked up at him with a terrified expression, but found her way over to him anyway. She didn't sit on his lap, but she grabbed his face and pressed their lips together, running a hand through his hair. It was clear they were both enjoying that a bit too much, since Espo had to smack the back of Ryan's head to get them to stop. Jenny giggled and straightened out her dress, and fixing her disheveled hair. "I think... That Kate should go next." She suggested. She winked at me, and I groaned, wondering why she couldn't have picked anyone else.