Chapter 15

Chapter 15

BECKETT'S POV

I looked at Maddie from my place in the passenger seat and sighed. "Do I really hav-"

"If you don't I will pull over on the side of the road and you will walk home drunk off your ass." She interrupted rudely, but since she was the one driving me home, I didn't really have a say in it.

I ran a hand through my tangled hair and pulled my knees up to my chest, despite the short dress I had on. "You can't laugh at me, okay?" I couldn't believe I was about to tell her this. I've haven't even known her for a week.

"I promise I won't laugh."

I took a deep breath, not wanting to relive the events of only an hour ago. It seemed way longer than that. It seemed like days ago. I wasn't going to tell Maddie everything of course. Some of it was a little too personal for my liking, but I would get the point across.

"Well after we kissed...we um..." I stuttered, my tongue feeling dry like sandpaper in my mouth. "We went into one of the back rooms and kissed a bit more, and then he left."

She glanced at me with a bewildered expression on her face. "What do you mean he left?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure what he meant by it, but he told me that he hoped I had learned my lesson. I think he was angry with me for being so explicit in front of all of you."

Maddie shook her head, but kept her eyes on the road. "No, I've heard that he has done way worse in front of his friends with a number of girls. It couldn't be that." I frowned and rested my head between my knees, just wishing that we could be hat my apartment already.

"Maybe he was angry because you got him all hot and bothered with that little show you put on for him." She looked at me smugly, leaning back in her seat.

"What are you even talking about?" I spluttered, my cheeks turning a dark shade of cherry."

"You know exactly what I mean! Sorry to break it to you Hun, but you pounced on him as soon as the bottle stopped spinning."

"But I didn't even-"

"You two were also very loud and very graphic, I think before I drop you off I may go by the nearest church and buy you some holy water. If you check in the glove department you'll find that there's a small bible-"

"That is quite enough of that!" I interrupted loudly, clearing my throat as she chuckled darkly.

"Just having some fun." Maddie said, licking her lips and turning into the parking lot of the apartment complex. "But are you sure that was all that happened?" She eyes me suspiciously. I rolled my eyes and nodded, hoping that my face wasn't giving away the fact that I didn't necessarily dislike it.

Maddie put the car into park and looked at me exhaustedly. "How are we gonna get this bitch upstairs?" She asked. I laughed loudly for the first time tonight and shook my head. "Let's find out."

I climbed out of the car and grabbed my shoes, stuffing Luke's phone number in my bust, making a mental note to call him and invite him for coffee tomorrow or Sunday.

I opened the backdoor and groaned when I saw Lanie sprawled out across all three seats with her limbs thrown over each other, tucked under her body. This wasn't going to be easy. Maddie opened the door on the other side and looked at me with a face that said 'are you kidding me?'

"You grab her arms and I'll straighten out her legs. Then you'll pull her out and I'll come around and help." I told Maddie, making her sigh, probably regretting making the decision to be the designated driver. She pulled on Lanie's arms while I handled her legs, which took a minute or two to untangle.