~Chapter 20~Terrible Timing~

There was George at his door. Maybe this was another lucid dream? He looked at his hand and then back at George. No this was as real as it got.
"George I thought you went home-"
"Haha yeah...me too."
They fell silent for a moment.
"So funny story-"
"Come inside first."
George looked up at Dream. He noticed his panic and worry in his facial expression.
George hadn't checked social media yet so he was confused.
"Is everything alright?"
"I uh- it's a long story."
Dream helped George inside he just stood there awkwardly for a moment.
George took a deep breath preparing to go first.
"Ok ok, so sapnap got the tickets and everything. I went into hop and onto the plane. They let me on. It's turns out I take the wrong plane here to Florida and they won't let me back. So I went to stay in a hotel until I found something to get home. Then I remembered you lived near bye so I texted sapnap-"
"Wait wait George, sapnap got your tickets."
"Yeah...I told him not too but-"
Dream started laughing forgetting about his current situation.
"SAPNAP THAT LITTLE FUCKER-"
George shouted as he realized why Dream was laughing.
"I'm never trusting him with this again-"
"This is hilarious!"
Dream said trying to calm down from laughter.
He took a breath before ruffling bai hand in George's hair.
"Pfft- well whatever more time with me."
"Hey hey hey when did I say I was staying with you?"
Dream snickered.
"When you showed up with your bags at my front door."
George sighed before they got into some sad excuse of an argument.
"Yeah yeah whatever- why did you looked so worried when you open the door? We're you expecting something."
"Haha- oh..oh yeah....uhhh just open Twitter-"
George tilted his head confused but went straight to his phone opening up Twitter.
The photo was the first thing to pop up. George almost gasped.
"What on- dream I-"
Dream awkwardly chuckled.
"It's uh- yeah. But it's fine! Plus they could barely see my face."
Dream was infuriated but with George's arrival he felt the need not to seem as if he were freaking out. He didn't want to accidentally yell at him.
"No dream- what- dream are you, ok?"
Those words stabbed him like a knife threw his ankle. What should he had said, yes of course I'm perfectly fine! Or no I'm so mad I could kill someone. Nether seemed like good answers.
"I- yeah."
Was all he could let out.
Patches walked in the room breaking the awkward silence bye demanding attention from George. George looked down at patches then back up as if he were asking to pet her. Dream gave a wobbly smile and nodded getting the message going into his knees to also pet her. George and Dream were both petting her as she purred.
"Ha I think she likes you better then me."
Dream said giving a small chuckle.
"Who knows."
Dream stood up clearing his throat.
"I don't have any extra rooms, but I do have a couch if you need to sleep-"
"No no it's fine i can just."
"Please..stay George."
Dream felt so many emotions about what had been revealed. He wasn't really in the mood to be bye himself.
"I uhh....sure thing Dream."

564 words