I Found the Place Where I Belong

Shujin Academy

Another rainy day. And it's summer. And plus all the humidity as well when it's not pouring. Again, monsoon season sucks. Makoto was just conversing a couple students about the Shibuya phishing attacks involving the students. And nothing.

Akito: Makoto.

She spots the two boys who she at first labeled the "infamous transfer student " and the "slacker."

Makoto: Not a thing. They actually got a little suspicious when I asked them where they hang out after school. Sorry I was hoping for a little insight I got from them. I guess I really don't know that much about everyone

Akito: A job for a student council president is to know the students. Like elementary school teachers.

Makoto: I want to close the distance and be more useful to everyone.

Ren: We should go somewhere.

Akito: I'll message Kagura.

Ren: Like karaoke or an arcade. Seems like a good place to run into students.

Akito: I'm down. Kagura said she's in.

Makoto: That's a good idea. Actually that sounds like a lotta fun.

Training montage

Following day

Kagura's POV

I was walking with Makoto to hopefully get some ease in our relationship. Per Ren and Akito's orders. We see Ann just waiting at a red light.

Makoto: Been a while since we had a nice day.

Me: She's right. About time we took a break from the rain.

Ann: It has. Hey, I'm really sorry. For everything.

I see her bowing.

Me: Ann, we've been through this. It's all in the past.

Makoto: Kagura, it's okay. Takamaki-San.

Ann: I blamed you. Everything that happened with Kamoshida. I blamed you. I said terrible things. You deserve an apology.

Makoto: You know. I think the two of us are really similar.

Me: Hey!

Makoto: Yes you too, Kira-San.

Me: *mumbling* that's better.

Makoto: I should've been able to save everyone. I wanted to, I just couldn't. I didn't want to shoulder that guilt. So I tried to shift the blame. You know.

Ann: How about we call it even? That okay with you?

Makoto: Perfect. Starting today, the past is in the past. Okay?

Me: Glad I can witness this amendment happening.

Makoto: Hey, from now on, do you mind if I call you Ann?

Ann: Yeah, sure. Kagura and everyone else does call me Ann. I'll do the same. M-Makoto. It's a little embarrassing.

Me: I will follow Ann's steps as well, bi—I mean Makoto.