Jealous Sinner

In the Shinjuku district, at a local bar where Ohya frequents, she hears two government officials talking about who will be the new prime minister of Japan. They both wanted one person to run the country: Masayoshi Shido.

Sae's Palace

The Phantom Thieves got their hands on a club member's card. A key item that is needed to meet Sae face to face.

Oracle: Sweet. Looks like we're registered. Now that we have this, we can start storing all the coins we win electronically.

Skull: That's handy.

Fox: No more heavy coins to carry.

Nevermore: The more you carry, Fox, the faster you get your own 22s.

Oracle: I registered it to a random name. Here you go.

Mona: Come on. We should at least get a chance to put some thought into it.

They were then met with an assistant to the casino and gave us a new card to make it officially club recognized.

Oracle: Okay this time I went with Shinji Nakanomatsu. Is that one cool with everybody?

Mona: It's cool.

Oracle: You're being a real pain in my butt.

Mythos: Sounds formal. I like it.

Oracle: Even Mythos agrees with my taste in codenames.

Time skip brought to you by the Priestess arcana

Mythos' POV

After some hellish high stakes gambling, we finally got the card needed to go to the upper floor. We hear Sae's shadow come up on the screen.

Shadow Sae: Well if it isn't my favorite group of troublemakers. You're full of young spirits.

Nevermore: Bitch!

Queen: We have to help.

Shadow Sae: I'm afraid your failure is guaranteed. I am the manager of this establishment. I make the rules that you follow.

Crow: You can't necessarily draw the deck.

Shadow Sae: But I can. Criminal trials can be seen as a gamble. But prosecutors have an inherent advantage when it comes to setting the table.

Panther: What does she mean?

Queen: Japan has the highest conviction rate in the world. If there is a trial, 99% of them end up with guilty verdicts. Even if you're innocent, once you've tried, you have little chance of winning.

Me: Isn't there a fair game in the judicial system that is called...I don't know... right to a fair trial!

Shadow Sae: Indeed it isn't. And the same will happen to you. You'll be found out eventually. Losses will not be tolerated. I will win. I have to win. Even if I do so on false charges.

Queen: False charges? You don't mean that! Do you?

Nevermore: She wants to shave points off of her own game.