A Challenge that Must be Won

City Courthouse

The Phantom Thieves were at the front of the courthouse as per the aid given by Goro Akechi and his assumption that public prosecutor Sae Niijima, Makoto's older sister, has a Palace.

Morgana: So the courthouse?

Haru: The Palace for Makoto's sister is here?

Akechi: We need to move fast. The Phantom Thieves are the prime suspect of the Okumura case. They've got a reward out for your capture. You're public enemy number one.

Ryuji: But someone framed us for all that stuff.

Akito: That is very likely.

Makoto: Yet we don't have any evidence to prove it.

Yusuke: Things are looking pretty grim. The authorities just want to close the case as quickly as possible. The prosecutors are fabricating evidence. The police are interviewing false witnesses.

Akechi: They'll probably expand the scope of the investigation soon. Shujin Academy first, then maybe the Sakuras after that.

Futaba: Are you serious!?

Kagura: You got to at least have a warrant for this shit.

Ren: And we know the investigator is leading the charge against us.

Haru: She's Makoto's big sister.

Akechi: Sae is obviously spinning out of control. If we make her come to her senses with the change of heart, hopefully she can stop this runaway train.

Morgana: And it'll allow us to keep her protected from ourselves. When is the investigation happening?

Akechi: I believe it is November 20th. They're forcing a pretty substantial operation. I doubt they'll be ready before then.

Akito: Police do like to investigations either a day or a week before the initial investigation. So we must do this ASAP.

Ryuji: It's just over three weeks away.

Akechi: So we have some time, but not enough of it to waste. I'm not sure we know what's happening at the Palace either. So we should-

(This is the abridged version)

Kagura: Never knew these types of cellphones can get your eye, Futaba.

Akito: Just like how I am with headsets that's compatible to music listening and making.

Sae's Palace

Skull: Whoa!

Panther: Flashy!

Fox: So the courthouse is a casino?

Queen: My sister sees it as a very competitive place and she's driven to win.

Akechi: That sounds like her.

Noir: Oh yeah, you need a codename.

Akechi: A codename?

Mythos: Our real names in the Metaverse are a big taboo.