I Won't Let it End Here

3rd person POV

The three Phantom Thieves were running across the platforms of the Palace. Mythos sees a lightning flash appear in front of him. 

Mercury: So it looks like you did get my message. Show your true self. Show me and your friends that you are indeed worthy to be champion of the gods!

Mythos: Joker. We'll see you on the other side. Queen, me and Nevermore are heading your way. 

Queen: Head to the second floor balcony. We'll rendezvous there. 

Mythos: Nevermore. Hang on to me. 

He pushes a button on his belt and it shoots a piton that connects to the second floor balcony. 

Mythos: Thank you for the blueprints, Mona. 

Queen: That's an ambush!

Nevermore: Joker!

Skull: There's a whole crapton there. 

Fox: Looks like a riot squad. 

Crow: How'd this happen? 

Queen: How did anyone get a riot squad in a Palace? 

Nevermore: A fucking mole must've tipped them off. 

Mythos: Joker, get the hell out of there now!

Oracle: His signal is getting weaker. 

Mythos: Joker, come in. 

Static. 

Mythos: Covey leader calling Raven. Come on, Raven. Covey leader calling Raven. Covey leader to Raven, talk to me. Talk to me, Joker. 

Nothing but silence. 

Crow: I can't believe it. None of this was supposed to happen. This mission was supposed to be your last. I know I want to put an end to the Phantom Thieves. But I never wanted to end like this. I wanted justice. I never wanted this! 

Mythos: Let's fall back for now. Otherwise, Joker's sacrifice will be in vain. Queen, Crow, Nevermore. Let's go. 

Queen: Mythos is right. Getting caught will bring harm to ourselves. 

Nevermore: Joker...

Something silver falls down Nevermore's face.