Chapter 13

(A/N: This chapter is in Blaise's POV, it might be a one-off or I could do this again in the future, I don't know).

Blaise was eating breakfast when the morning deliveries arrived. He wasn't really paying attention since he never really got any mail.

However he looked up to see a barn owl- perched on the table in front of him. He didn't recognise the owl so naturally, he was curious. A single piece of paper was attached to its leg, Blaise reached out retrieved it. The owl flew away with the others leaving with what Zabini found to be a letter.

After opening a small package of hers, Pansy noticed what he was holding. "What's that you've got Blaise?"She enquired, interested. He didn't answer- fixated on the page. "What is it? Pansy lowered her voice, "is it about him?"

Pansy had figured out what was going on from the start- she said it was how he looked when he came back to the common room, after working with Ron on the project. Blaise honestly didn't think he looked any different but Pansy insisted she could tell. He'd never really hid anything from her anyway, so he ended up telling her everything. As for Draco, he never really noticed other people- spending his time either ranting about that Potter guy or he was simply nowhere to be found.

"....Yeah, it is." He began.
Pansy warned, "If he's messing with you agai-"
"I don't think he is, look at it." She leans over the table and takes the letter out of his hands. Only reading for what seemed a few seconds, before handing it back to Blaise. "Yeah, it seems like he means it." She announced.
"So...." Blaise prompted, "what should I do?"
She emquired,"What do you mean? He did what you wanted him to. He's clearly not confused anymore and he's serious about you."
"It's not that simple-" Blaise stopped talking; realising only now that people were leaving the Great Hall. Breakfast was over.

"I'll meet you at the common room after class." Pansy said standing up. And with a flash of her black hair she was gone.

....

After class Zabini arrived at the Slytherin common room as agreed. Pansy was sitting at a table at the back corner of the room reading a large book. He sat down on a  chair across from her at the small table. She put the book back in her bag when he sat down. She continued: "So what's so complex about it. It seems clear enough to me."
"I don't know ok," Zabini began, "it wouldn't work out."
"Why," Pansy pressed, "you always do this Blaise. As soon as things start to go your way you ruin it for yourself."
"How do I know he was being real." He redirected.
"You don't really ask someone on a date if you're not sure." She reminded.
"I just really don't see this working Pansy. Things never seem to go how I want it with him." Blaise admitted. "It's all way too complicated now, and I think it'd just be best to get over him; like I was going to when I last saw him."
"Fine. Whatever you want. I still think you're making a mistake though." She added, "are you going to send an owl back, or what?"
"I'm going to tell him in person later." Blaise responded.
Pansy realised, "-Wait, you're not going to the astronomy tower to tell him are you? Blaise that's a terrible idea!"
"Well It's not like I can get into the Gryffindor common room or anything, I know he'll be there at 7:30. It's my best chance to talk to him.
She sighed: "This is going to go terribly isn't it. I have to go meet Hermione. Remember to tell me what happens afterwards."
Zabini replied, "I will."