Chapter 2

It was 5:30 and Ron was in the Boy's bathrooms. Everyone was in the Great Hall eating dinner so he didn't think he'd be disturbed.

He couldn't let himself act like that again! It was embarrassing. He hated Blaise, he couldn't let Zabini see him like that otherwise he'd think Ron was weak. He was still technically part of Dumbledore's Army and Blaise was probably a deatheater. If Blaise knew too much about him then he could use it against him. It was settled- Ron was going to make sure the only thing Blaise knew about him, and about the army, was that Ron was not his friend and he wasn't going to treat Zabini as such. He was the enemy, only the enemy.

Ron strode out of the bathroom. Having almost a role to follow made things easier. It made him confident, he had something to rely on.
He headed back to The Great Hall to see if he could manage to eat something before dinner ended. Ron had never missed a meal before and he had to admit it had an effect on him.He didn't know how long he could go without food.

He walked down to where Harry and Hermione were sitting and took the empty space left next to Harry. Ron didn't even bother explaining his absence, he needed to eat not talk. He was piling food onto his plate when Hermione started, "Ron where were you?"
"Yeah," Harry furthered, "it's not like you to miss a meal." Ron- still with his mouth full- took a second to clear his throat and explained: "I was in the bathroom."
"For 40 minutes?" Hermione questioned.
"I got distracted ok?" Ron admitted.
Added Harry,"By what?"
"By-"Ron stammered- "the temperature?....I don't know I just did. But I'm here now- so can you please just let me eat before dinner is ov-"

Cutting Ron off, Professor Mcgonagall announced that dinner was indeed over and students are now free to do what they want until the 10pm lessons if they have any. "Ugh," Ron thought, "now I have to go meet with Blaise." It didn't really matter whether he was planning on hanging out with the trio or doing homework with Zabini, all he wanted to do now was eat. Though that was a quite common thought for Ron anyway.

"Well, looks like you've run out of time." Harry observed.
Hermione noted,"We'll be in the Gryffindor common room by the time you get back."
"Ok, Ron accepted, I'll see you there."
He then stood up out of his seat and stepped out of the Great Hall. He didn't really know what to do next, Ron knew he had to go to the Room of Requirement but to be honest he was starting to procrastinate. He'd never really interacted with Zabini before and he didn't know how it would go. He knew he hated Zabini but that was because his family were deatheaters, not because he actually knew how Blaise would act.

Disrupting his thoughts, came the reminder that one way way or the other, he'd have to face Blaise. It was 6:55 ; he couldn't avoid it any longer. Finally- Ron began climbing the stairs to the room of requirement.