Chapter 5 - Date!

An hour later;
Brittany's POV;

Barry dropped Heather and I off outside the club while he went to find a spot to park his car. Unfortunately for him, he had to work again in the morning so he was, for the second night in a row, the designated driver. Saying hi to Rick and Roy who were stood on the door, they waved us in quickly ahead of the queue that had formed to get inside.

"Looks like this place has already got a good reputation," I said to my older sister as we checked our coats in to the cloak room.

"Yeah, she really did a great job with it! But then again, nothing surprises me with Suz," Heather commented as we moved in to the main area of the bar, to find that it was almost at bursting capacity already. "Whatever she sets her mind to..."

"She makes work!" I finished as we caught our big sister standing behind the bar laughing and joking with a group of guys who were clearly having a boy's night out. "But I'm worried about her,"

For the whole day, she had stewed in the room that we had given her, packing away her cloths and getting things set up the way she liked. We had tried to get her to talk, we had tried coaxing her out of her room with ice cream but nothing, she refused to talk about Shaun and what had happened the previous night, telling us that she was over it.

But you didn't live with someone for two years and date them for close to ten, for you to get over the kind of betrayal that she felt in one night.

"You and me both honey," Heather replied wrapping her arm around my shoulder and headed towards where our sister was. "But what can we do...? We just have to be there for her and support her when she is ready to talk,"

"There's the light of my life!" Suzie smiled as her eyes landed on Heather and I stepping up to the bar. Excusing herself from the group of men who had been falling at her feet, and she moved closer to where we were; leaning over the bar, she hugged both of us tightly. "You guys are late...where's Bar?" She asked looking behind us.

"He went to park the car and you can blame little sis here for us being late," Heather said nudging me.

"Nuh-uh," I shook my head, trying to get out of the blame of this, regardless of the fact that I was to blame.

I had just wanted to look nice since I was supposed to be meeting Matt here, but as I looked around I couldn't see him or Shannon anywhere. We had said that we would meet here; I was sure of it. Maybe he was just running late.

"Oh come on honey, you know that you're to blame for us getting here later than we said we would be," Heather giggled softly as Suzie busied herself getting us a couple of drinks.

"Don't tell anyone but I put a shot of Jack in your cola for you honey," She whispered leaning in to my ear.

"You're the best big sister ever," I smiled happily.

"Oooohhhh keep saying shit like that and you'll get another later," Suzie giggled softly. "Tom, I am taking my break, you guys will be ok right?" She asked turning to one of the bar tenders.

"Sure thing boss," He smiled and gave us a smile as Suzie hobbled along to the end of the bar and crawled under the door part.

"So business looks like it's booming," I said as she wrapped her arms around mine and Heather's shoulders; kissing each of us on the cheek.

"It really is and I couldn't be happier about that," She gushed happily. "But y'all need to get up in to the VIP area; you have some guests,"

"You're not coming?" I asked feeling my heart doing that little flutter at the prospect of seeing someone that you had a crush on, someone that you were possibly building something with.