Chapter 10

Joe's POV:
It's the next day and we are now pulling up to a clinic for the four of us to get tested. Last night the kids started warming up to me more. They are pretty respectful and well-behaved kids. They have good manners, but I noticed that they are scared to do anything or even talk without permission. Like for example, last night Jaliyah asked Jazmine could she go to the bathroom. I was confused as to why she asked permission and it looked like Jazmine was just as confused as me, but she told her yeah. As the night went on, they both kept asking permission for simple little things and that was raising many red flags for me.

Now we are unbuckling our seatbelts ready to go in and Jazmine looks in the mirror, "Ready guys?" She asked the kids.

They both nod and we get out of the car. I help Trey put on his mask, while Jaz helps Liyah. Trey reaches his arms out to me and I'm really surprised. Jaz looks over at me and smiles, so I reach down and scoop him up into my arms. He automatically lays his head on my shoulder and wraps his little arms around my neck. With Liyah holding Jaz's hand, we walk inside to check in. We are immediately taken back to a room and told that a nurse would be with us shortly.

Jazmine gives Liyah her phone to keep her occupied while we wait. "I'm a little worried about this." I admit.

"What the actual test or the results of the test?" She asks.

"Both I guess. I've heard that it hurts, so I'm a little nervous, plus I hope we don't have to quarantine for 2 weeks."

"Ok first of all, it's just like the flu swab so it's not that bad, and we just have to hope for the best." She shrugs.

I nod to her and rub Trey's back as he is sitting on my lap.

Soon a nurse walks in with a try full of stuff and sits it on the counter. "Hey how are you guys?"

"Great, how are you?" I respond.

"Fine, a little tired from running around everywhere, we have been really busy." She laughs.

"I bet." Jazmine laughs.

"Everyone is getting tested right?" She asks as she looks down at her papers.

"Yes ma'am." Jaz responds.

"Ok, so it will be really quick, I'm only gonna swab one nostril. I'm not gonna lie, it's going up pretty far, but if you be still, it'll be in and out really quick. It won't really hurt, it tickles more than anything, and you're eyes will most likely water. Any questions?" She finishes.

"How long will it take to receive the results?" Jaz asks.

"Well we send our tests off and do the real test, not the rapid test. So you'll have the results in about 2-3 days. So until you get your results, just kinda stay home in case you are positive, cool?"

We both nod to her.

"Ok so who's is going first?" She asks.

"I will." Jaz volunteers.

"Ok, just hop up on the bed for me then." Jaz stands up and put Liyah back down in the seat she was sitting in, and hops up on the bed. "Ok just pull your mask down for me." She starts filling out a bunch of papers and gets Jaz to confirm all of her information. "Ok, you ready?" She asks as Jaz nods. "Really quick." She says as she sticks the swab up her nose, and true to her word, it's done really quick. "Alrighty you're done." She says as she hand Jaz a tissue. "Be honest, was it that bad?" She asks as she seals everything up and cleans up.