Chapter 19

QOTD: Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things will always work out -Gordon B. Hunckley
AN: There is some slight smut towards the end of chapter. 👀

Jazmine's POV:
We spend the rest of the evening in the pool and eventually me and Joe get all of the kids out of the pool so they can get baths and in pajamas. He takes the twins and Trey for a bath, while I give Liyah a bath and Jojo takes a shower. Me and Joe took off our wet swimsuits and just threw on some clothes until we can get a shower of our own. As I'm undressing Liyah, I realize I'm going to wash and tackle her hair tonight, so it won't get all tangled throughout the night. "Liyah we gone have to wash your hair tonight love-bug."

"Ok TiTi." She responds.

I get her all clean and in pajamas and go in me and Joe's bathroom to grab the hair products. Once I have everything I need, I roll up a big towel and lay it on the edge of the sink, on the counter. I pick her up and lay her horizontally on the counter, with her neck on the towel, so I can wash her hair. I tell her to close her eyes and begin shampooing her hair. As I'm scratching her shampoo-filled scalp, Joe and the boys walk in the kitchen.

"Well that's definitely one way to wash her hair." Joe laughs.

"Yeah, It's easy on me, and it prevents water and soap from getting in her face. Plus, this is how me and my sister got our hair washed as little girls." I shrug as I rinse her hair.

"Oh makes sense I guess. Well I'm about to fix the boys some sandwiches so they can head to bed. They're pretty exhausted. Do I need to make any extras for y'all two?" As if on cue, Jacob yawns.

"Can you make an extra for Liyah too, but I don't want one." I respond.

"Yeah, you sure you don't want one? If not, I can fix something else for you." He offers as he opens the fridge.

"No thanks love."

"What you gonna eat then?" He looks in my direction.

"Uhh I'll find something later." I lie knowing I wasn't planning on eating anything tonight, but of course he can't know that.

"Oh ok." He responds.

I finish up washing Liyah's hair and squeeze out some of the excess water before applying some leave in conditioner in her hair. I grab her from the counter and carry her into the living room before I grab a stool for her to sit on while I do her hair. I sit on the couch and put the stool between my legs on the floor for her to sit on.

"What you wanna watch while I do your hair? We gone be here for a while." I ask as I turn on the TV and head to Disney+.

"Princess and the Frog!" She cheers.

"Alrighty ma'am." I respond as I type the title in the search bar. I begin detangling her hair in sections and Joe walks in with her sandwich.

"Here you go babygirl." He hands her the sandwich along with a bag of chips and a juice.

"What do you say?" I prompt her.

"Thank you Joe."

"No problem. Y'all have quite the set up here, huh?" He says as he scans all the different products, combs, and brushes I have lined up.